Viking Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the vdp 6 speaker sound bar on your website... does it not have a radio built in? do i have to use my iphone or an mp3 player of some sort? Im looking to get a decent stereo in my buggy for somewhere in the 250 range ... suggestions?

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
That unit has an input for iPod or MP3 device. But the mount kits for the Viking are still a couple months out, according to VDP when I talked to them about a week ago (I was told late summer).

I would suggest the VDP Amplified Four-Speaker Sound Wedge. Here are the details...

-Instant plug-and-play audio for any UTV with a 1.5"-2" roll bar or mount to any UTV roof
-Features two 1" marine-grade tweeters and two 200W, 61/2" marine-grade woofer/mid-range speakers
-Powerful 200W built-in amplifier
-Connects to any iPod, MP3 player or satellite receiver using included 12' auxiliary cable
Adjustable MP3 docking station included
-12' power cord connects to cigarette lighter or hardwire directly to the battery using fuse kit
-Marine-grade sealed to weather the elements
-Includes bonded seal washers and all necessary mounting hardware

It's on our site at $272 shipped (retail $300). We'd give you a little something extra off that price as a forum member, and we'd beat any other price you may find on it.

I also like the idea of dash mounting the Jensen JMS2212 Waterproof AM/FMiPod/iPhone and Sirius-ready stereo with USB input and NOAA Weatherband. Jensen JMS2212 Waterproof AM/FMiPod/iPhone and Sirius-ready stereo with USB input and NOAA Weatherband
We have it on our site for $237 plus $30 for the iPod interface kit. But with 200W amp, I'd need to get 4x 75W marine grade Jensen MSX60RV speakers ($37 each) and suddenly it's up to $415 (before me discounting a bit more for members). Jensen Heavy Duty MSX60RV 6.5" High-Performance Coaxial Speaker with Silk Dome Tweeter

Since I just want to plug in my iPod on occasion, the sound wedge may be a better deal for my needs. But then, I like the idea of the Sirius radio and weatherband. Just don't want to spend that much.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts