·
Registered
137 Posts
Very nice thanks for sharing that

·
Super Moderator
4,240 Posts
Yes thanks for sharing (y)

I find the Yamaha manual very poor, lacking a lot of info. I wonder if he has a copy of the proper workshop manual, if there is such a thing?

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have what is called Yamaha Service manual which I have found to be pretty good so far for the things I have looked up in it. It is 518 pages and seems pretty complete.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have what is called Yamaha Service manual which I have found to be pretty good so far for the things I have looked up in it. It is 518 pages and seems pretty complete.
I must have the same one because it is also 518 pages. 😁

·
Super Moderator
4,240 Posts
I must have the same one because it is also 518 pages. 😁
I've got the Yamaha 2014 Service Manual, it's no doubt the same as yours except mine's only 500 pages? It's pretty extensive but has some things missing, for example there's no info on cylinder sleeve, conrod, nothing on how to remove an axle, and others, unless I'm not looking hard enough!

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got the Yamaha 2014 Service Manual, it's no doubt the same as yours except mine's only 500 pages? It's pretty extensive but has some things missing, for example there's no info on cylinder sleeve, conrod, nothing on how to remove an axle, and others, unless I'm not looking hard enough!
Cactus, In mine section 8 it gives you the complete break down on every thing in the drive train. The pdf is too large to post here. Message me your email and I'll send it to you.

·
Super Moderator
4,240 Posts
Cactus, In mine section 8 it gives you the complete break down on every thing in the drive train. The pdf is too large to post here. Message me your email and I'll send it to you.
Awesome thanks AZ.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I was wondering what type of grease everyone is using in their primary & secondary. Guy's on Grizzly Central are mostly using a High-temp water resistant bearing grease like what you would use in a boat trailer wheel bearing with great results, saying it is superior to Yamaha's Ultramatic grease because if you get water in the CVT you can pull the drain plug, drain the water and ride on and when inspecting later grease is still there and doing it's job. On the Wolverine forum most like Tinkseal grease, but no mentions of its effects from water. I am seriously thinking of trying the water resistant wheeel bearing grease the first time I service my CVT which will be soon, I know a lot of dust got in there this summer so I need to clean it out. And the water resistant bearing grease intrigues me because I have a river running thru my property that I have to cross a lot.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I get around to servicing my CVT I think I'm going with the Hunterworks setup with no grease. Slug the wet clutch secondary spring. Here in Az we don't have much water to worry about but the fine dust will get into anything. Dust and grease make a nice solid mass.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts