Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well took viking in the other day for the front diff problem. I had to explain several timed the problem. Well today they called said they cant find anything but didn't even pull the plug on the freaking diff! They called Yamaha several times to see what they said and they didn't tell them to look at the diff either! I stated what the problem was many times! I had to just send them a video of it making the horrible growling screeching noise so they can send to yamaha. Im not a very happy camper right now. Oh they also want to charge me for there diagnosis time that they didn't find anything.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im goin to have to im sure. Its really not good for a company to do that. Oh they also said warranty may not cover if they think abuse or neglect. I was like are you serious!

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Could be the dealer too, what about the one you bought it from? Are they a better dealer and service dept you think? But i suppose got to get all this resolved first. But wow, them people sound about as dumb as the Polaris Dealers i delt with my Ranger for close to 3 years, and the issue was never fixed.

Good luck.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One I bought it from was 2 1/2 hours away and there service dept wasnt very bright either. I talked to them when I bought it. I am hopin I dont get the run around. Really sorry your po po dealer was dumb 2k. Ours is awesome they sell canam to. Family owned so it helps.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Ive only got 1 CanAm dealer in my area, they only sell, CanAms and Kubota Tractors and UTVs. The next CanAm dealer is about 2 1/2 hours away. Knock on wood, no issues with the Outlander 800 XTP.

Far as the POPO goes, i look at it this way, i wouldnt have the Viking if the Polaris wouldn't have had the troubles it had. If i hadn't had the Polaris issues, and be totally disgusted with them and there dealers, i would have got a 850XP Orange Madness Sportsman, i loved it, but just hated Polaris to much, to give them any more $$$. Thats why i went with CanAm. The main reason i got an ATV, was cause the Polaris was in the shop so much, lol.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol I definitely feel your disgust. Im hopin mines not gonna be the same. I really dont wanna get a bad taste in my mouth from yamaha. Hope they fig it out.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Called the dealer today. They sent video to corporate bc he said they were very intrigued with it. He said could take days to here back from them. He said yamaha wanted to look into it and see what the prob is.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Hopefully it all works out. Maybe monday you'll get a call? Him saying "days" didn't sound too good to me. I would have asked for a date range.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Hope it all works out the for the best, i went through all the Troubles with Polaris, id hate to see you have the same with Yamaha. I guess they all have there issues.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Agreed, be nice if Yamaha had there own forum, with actual techs on it, where owners could tell them about these issues.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ill be callin him again monday askin him again. I dont think he likes it very much I keep calling him lol. I hope I get one soon to.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a feeling your gonna get hosed. Yamaha will say you where beating on your ride. I hope that I am very wrong:(

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
IMO, thats what you do with an atv or sxs, what do they expect..

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ill tell them to shove it up there a$$ if they try that. It certainly wasn't bein beat on. They boast they have strongest drivetrain in industry so hopefully they back themselves up. With Yamaha corporate wanting to look at it im hopin they really wanna help out.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you Yamaha! They stepped up and authorized them replacing the torque limiter shaft. Its the front drive shaft its made to slip if you are in a tight spot instead of breaking somethin else.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Great news man glad to hear That, and way to go Yamaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Great.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts