Viking Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I am a new member who is in desperate need of assistance. I m no Mechanic so forgive my ignorance in advance. I have a 2017 viking 700 that will not start. It just shut off one day while riding and now just turns over. I've gone through the engine to the best of my ability and found the decompression pin had come out and fouled the head near the valve seats. I bought a used head, replaced the gasket set the valve lash according to spec replaced the decompression pin and now it just turns over. It acts like it wants to fire but wont. The odd thing is that if you give it gas while it's urning over it just stops as if it were hydrolocked, as soon as you let off the gas it starts turning over again. I am at a loss, I know it's getting spark, pretty sure it's getting fuel. Has anyone encountered this before?

·
Super Moderator
4,115 Posts
Pull the plug and test the compression with foot on and foot off, see what readings you get. Could it be anything to do with the automatic de-compressor installed incorrectly? Try a bigger battery too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts