Viking Forum banner

Turbo kit for the Viking

31K views 42 replies 18 participants last post by  thatcarguy09 
#1 ·
Just seen a company called Hurricane, on the other Viking site post this:

"We are pleased to announce that we are nearly finished our Viking turbo kit prototype.This kit will be low boost with a 1 hour install.We will add pictures soon"

Reactions: nytroboy77
#2 ·
Hopefully it falls through I would purchase it but knowing the market the kits probably 4k

#3 ·
Yeah, Im sure somebody, sometime will get it, maybe. But like you said, probally be 4k, or who knows...But if was that concerned with Performance, id got a Can-am Maverick or somthing like that. For what i use my Viking, for its just fine the way it is. Would i like more power? sure, but im not going to spend anymore money to get it.

#4 ·
Yeah, Im sure somebody, sometime will get it, maybe. But like you said, probally be 4k, or who knows...But if was that concerned with Performance, id got a Can-am Maverick or somthing like that. For what i use my Viking, for its just fine the way it is. Would i like more power? sure, but im not going to spend anymore money to get it.[/QUOTE]

Well said ^^

Big difference between a "want" and a "need." I have no need!

#5 ·
#7 ·
I think they only run low boost to avoid needing to drop the compression. Yeah it would be interesting to see how much difference it makes.

#8 ·
They said on the other site, they are targeting the kit to be no more than $3,500

#10 ·
There not ran by the same folks, 2 different sites, but goes by the same name as this one, but ends in ".net"

#15 ·
I kind of thought the same thing...

#16 ·
I saw the video earlier on the other form didn't seem like much of an improvement over stock whatsoever actually look slower than a stock vehicle

#17 ·
lol, yeah, id be ashamed to post that video online if i was that company

#18 ·
i dont want to be a dick ...i appreciate the guys over there from hurricane making the huge effort the kit is put together very very nicely but the gains are just not there. a cam will give better performance imo

Reactions: mass-n-trash
#19 ·
I replaced the exhaust with the same size pipe coming out of the head and a generator muffler located across the back runs smoother, and cut the noise at least 25%
a good bit of power boost. Now if I can solve the problem with the red hot exhaust by adding a fuel programmer and gauges this is one all around sport and work horse machine.
Red 2014 Yamaha Viking 50 hours

#21 ·
I would like to introduce myself to you guy's.My name is Dave Marshall and my company is Hurricane Performance.As discussed earlier in this thread,we have built a Viking turbo kit.It is a low boost kit with the cat left in the stock muffler.The price for the kit is only $2995.I realize that it is hard to show power in a video but please consider that the Viking that we used was equipped with 30in tires that KILLED the power.The Hurricane Viking Turbo Kit replaced that power loss and added considerably more power.This is with the turbo set at the lowest power and all emissions still working with a very safe tune.Please check out our web site to see what we are all about.
Dave

#22 ·
Welcome aboard, Dave! Let us know when you've had a chance to do some dyno runs. I think we'd all be interested to hear how much extra hp and torque your kit is producing.

#23 ·
Good stuff Dave!

#28 ·
Its kind of hard for people to justify dropping 3K on a turbo set up and not know what kind of numbers that you are going to gain out of it.
How bout at least a good old fashioned drag race? Stock Viking vs turbo Viking. Make sure that they are both running the same size tires so that there are no excuses.

#27 ·
We are using a Powercommander V with fuel and ignition control.Then we wire in a map sensor and that gives us control over fuel and ignition over tps as well as boost.We found a bad bog at full throttle from a stand still with the big tires for a split second till the turbo came on.I was able to tune that right out with the PCV to make a snappy throttle

#30 ·
Uhh say what? ^ lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.