Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seen a company called Hurricane, on the other Viking site post this:

"We are pleased to announce that we are nearly finished our Viking turbo kit prototype.This kit will be low boost with a 1 hour install.We will add pictures soon"

Reactions: nytroboy77

·
Registered
344 Posts
Just seen a company called Hurricane, on the other Viking site post this:

"We are pleased to announce that we are nearly finished our Viking turbo kit prototype.This kit will be low boost with a 1 hour install.We will add pictures soon"
Hopefully it falls through I would purchase it but knowing the market the kits probably 4k

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, Im sure somebody, sometime will get it, maybe. But like you said, probally be 4k, or who knows...But if was that concerned with Performance, id got a Can-am Maverick or somthing like that. For what i use my Viking, for its just fine the way it is. Would i like more power? sure, but im not going to spend anymore money to get it.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Yeah, Im sure somebody, sometime will get it, maybe. But like you said, probally be 4k, or who knows...But if was that concerned with Performance, id got a Can-am Maverick or somthing like that. For what i use my Viking, for its just fine the way it is. Would i like more power? sure, but im not going to spend anymore money to get it.[/QUOTE]

Well said ^^

Big difference between a "want" and a "need." I have no need!

·
Super Moderator
4,425 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
I would like to see one runnin with a turbo just to see what it does. I would think they would have to put a shimmed heas gasket with the compression it has.

·
Super Moderator
4,425 Posts
I think they only run low boost to avoid needing to drop the compression. Yeah it would be interesting to see how much difference it makes.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They said on the other site, they are targeting the kit to be no more than $3,500

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There not ran by the same folks, 2 different sites, but goes by the same name as this one, but ends in ".net"

·
Registered
344 Posts
heres a pic

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I kind of thought the same thing...

·
Registered
344 Posts
I saw the video earlier on the other form didn't seem like much of an improvement over stock whatsoever actually look slower than a stock vehicle

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lol, yeah, id be ashamed to post that video online if i was that company

·
Registered
344 Posts
lol, yeah, id be ashamed to post that video online if i was that company
i dont want to be a dick ...i appreciate the guys over there from hurricane making the huge effort the kit is put together very very nicely but the gains are just not there. a cam will give better performance imo

Reactions: mass-n-trash

·
Registered
4 Posts
I replaced the exhaust with the same size pipe coming out of the head and a generator muffler located across the back runs smoother, and cut the noise at least 25%
a good bit of power boost. Now if I can solve the problem with the red hot exhaust by adding a fuel programmer and gauges this is one all around sport and work horse machine.
Red 2014 Yamaha Viking 50 hours

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
i dont want to be a dick ...i appreciate the guys over there from hurricane making the huge effort the kit is put together very very nicely but the gains are just not there. a cam will give better performance imo

^^^^what he said^^^^

I think they mentioned it was going to be in the $3,500ish range too! I'm sure someone will try this...but I have to believe this is going to be a very VERY limited market.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts