Viking Forum banner

Transmission/Transfer Case Noise

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  cactus 
#1 ·
I have a 22 Viking VI with little over 20 hrs and 400 miles. Transmission/transfer case has been whining/noisy every since bought brand new 5 months ago. it's esp loud while coasting/downhill on road rides. Anyone else notice this or is it normal. I'mm still under factory warranty and wonder if I should have I checked out before it runs out. I do love the machine, totally awesome ride!

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum.
Some whine is normal it’s the drive belt. And on downhills the Yamaha CVT has more engine back-breaking than other brands. If what you are describing seems excessive by all means get it checked out while under warranty.
Also at that mileage and hours have you done all of your first service work that is due?

#4 ·
Front & Rear diff fluids and check valves, air filter is all I remember. But check your manual there maybe more

#6 ·
I'd say it's just the normal noise from the sprag bearing that gives you compression braking when backing off the throttle. They do have a fair whine about them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.