Viking Forum banner

Trailer

36K views 46 replies 26 participants last post by  cactus 
#1 ·
What size trailer is actually needed to haul the viking around? I mainly keep it at the ranch but would like a small trailer instead of having to pull my large trailer everywhere. Found a good deal on a 5x10 but for some reason im thinking I need a min of 6' width

#2 ·
I just got a 6.5 x 12, works great, ive heard some say 6x10, but it would be tight fit in there. Plent of room left in the 6.5 x 12. Mines a Big Tex 35SA.

#4 ·
6x10 would be be tight, if ya go with 6.5x12, ift would give you some extra room for other stuff.

#5 ·
I brought mine home on my double wide snowmobile trailer. It is only about 8.5 ft square and was a very scary trip. The wheels of the machine just barely fit from side to side. I only had a couple inches to spare. The bed and hood hung over the sides quite always, but it was strapped in good and never moved. Needless to say we got allot of looks taking it home, I am not sure it was the Viking itself they were looking at or the fact it looked bigger than the trailer as it went down the road. I definitely would not want to take it any distance without a 12 ft long trailer. A 10 ft might be ok for a short trip. My 8.5 ft one was only good to get home from the dealer and not pay delivery charges.

#11 ·
I have a 6.5 x 12 trailer and it works perfect, you can go with a 10' trailer but I wouldn't go any narrower especially if you want to go with bigger tires

#12 ·
I bought a Triton AUT 1282. Triton has horrible marketing but makes good trailers.

FYI - Actual inside dimensions of bed are 81", not 82". Furthermore, the aluminum stakes (not so cleverly) reduce the width of the bed 1" on each side. Also, they list the trailer as 198" long. It's actually 205" long with bi-fold ramp.

You 'might' be able use a 10' long version of this trailer - their AUT1082 - but it's going to be snug re length.

Some quick iPhone pics I took on a test load/run.

#13 ·
JMO...but the way you have that tied down does NOT look good! I would not let those straps touch the edges of any frame pieces. Wont take much bouncing and that could cut right through them. Looks like you have some great anchor points on the trailer. I would recommend another strap and then hooking one to each corner of the frame, rather than running the strap through there.

#17 ·
I bought a Big Tex 50LA tandem axel 6.5 x 12. Rides beautiful. Viking fits great! I also haul 250 Imperial gallosns of water on occasion. That is why the tandem. Tandems do ride a bit smoother too.

I have a 8.5' x 30' car/toy hauler enclosed trailer with a beaver tail and I have the same issues with height of the Viking. It barely fits!!. I have an old Asuna Sunrunner 4 x 4 for scooting around and it fits better than the Viking. I can't put bigger tires on if want to put it in the carhauler.

#18 · (Edited)
We've got a 6.5x12 BIG TEX single axle trailer, got it new a few months ago, really nice, single axle, LED enclosed lights under ramp, and in the corners, automotive paint. Very pleased with it.

Attachments

#20 ·
Thanks, we are gonna put some sealer on the floor sometime this summer, just to protect the wood more, far as the Spare goes, it came with a mount to put a spare, but didn't come with a spare tire/wheel. The place we got the Trailer sells the tire/wheel combo for $90, which we where amazed, cause they where alot more everywhere else. My neighbor even went there and got one for his trailer.

#23 ·
I cant remember exactly, think it was around 1800 something with Tax, and License plates, etc.

#27 ·
I also have a 6.5x12 Big Tex that I use. When I went to pick up the Viking from the dealer I thought there would be ample room. It wasn't until I actually loaded it up that I began to realize just how big the Viking is. There is still some room in the back to add some extra gear if needed, but I wouldn't want anything smaller than what I have for sure.

Reactions: Teryx2k16
#28 ·
Agentzoey.
It is going to be close! Wait to get oversize tires.
I have a 29 foot cargo with drop floor beavertail and mine barely fits. Ok at the front but that back roll bar only clears by about an inch.
Nice Trailer.

#29 · (Edited)
ya, I have no intention of getting bigger tires. The stockers will work for what I do. It will be close, but I am sure it will go. With the ramp the back should drop enough to go right in. At least that was how my Rhino went in and I had alot of room through the door from the front or back dropping down while driving in. Its really if the roof will hit my crank up vent of the trailer in the center. I probably only have about 1-2" to spare.

Badger, these are grip glides. You can get them from these guys... Caliber Snowmobile Trailer LowPro Grip Glides

or ebay.

I use them for my sleds when driving them on and off my trailer, but really when I am walking down the ramp, so I dont wipe out.. lol... Are you a sledder? From some reason, I have seen your form name before on sledding sites. Could be a coincidence that someone else has the same name.. lol..

#34 ·
That's a good looking trailer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.