Viking Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Judging by the advertized trail width maximums in some states, what are you seeing in your area and are the maximums being enforced. Some trails are still at 50 in, while many have gone to 60in. Hatfield/McCoy has removed all width maximums if the machine originally was sold as a SxS/UTV.

·
Registered
163 Posts
About the only place around here that is regulated is the White Mountains but other than that you just go for it.

Some areas in the White Mountains National Recreation Area are open to the use of motorized vehicles. In general, motor vehicles with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of 1,500 lbs. or less can be operated on lands along the southern and western boundaries. (The term GVWR is defined by the BLM as the total weight of the vehicle plus its maximum load/carrying capacity as specified by the manufacturer.)

·
Registered
86 Posts
A lot of the original trails here in Utah were limited to 50", and there were gates in place to enforce it. In recent years many of those were opened to 60" machines. Some of those have new gates in place, but I understand they are somewhat wider than 60", so the Viking can just barely fit through. :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
In Wisconsin the only trails that are 50 and under are national forest land trails. Most other trails In Wi are for up to 65 in width. In 2012 we had a utv pilot program and it must have gone well because its now permanent. I road Northern Wi trails some over the last few weeks and I was able to go everywhere I tried to go. Hopefully the federal land will go from 50 to 65 but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Judging by the advertized trail width maximums in some states, what are you seeing in your area and are the maximums being enforced. Some trails are still at 50 in, while many have gone to 60in. Hatfield/McCoy has removed all width maximums if the machine originally was sold as a SxS/UTV.
You'll be O.K just take along a ******* weed eater........Aka - Chainsaw.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts