Viking Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am dangerously close to installing a set of STI C7 wheels with Interco radial Reptiles mounted on them. I asked the seller what I should torque the wheels to and he just told me that he's been doing this for 30 years and he does it by "feel".
I have an email in to STI but who knows when they are going to get back to me but I am wondering if any of you other guys that are running aluminum wheels on your Vikings have a torque spec that you have used.
Also, has anyone ran radial tires like this and what do you find to be a good tire pressure for you?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Ive never used a torque wrench and have never had a wheel come off...I just "two grunt em" lol... I run Interco Swamplites (non radial) 10ish pounds)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive never used a torque wrench and have never had a wheel come off...I just "two grunt em" lol... I run Interco Swamplites (non radial) 10ish pounds)
Ive been doing this stuff a long time and while ive never personally had a wheel come off I have seen many many wheels come off. Does anyone at least know the stock Yamaha wheel torque spec?

·
Registered
326 Posts
It should be in the manual???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
326 Posts
Owners manual I meant.

·
Registered
215 Posts
The manual lists the torque setting at 54 ft lbs. The torquing of the rims is a function of the stud not the rim type. Aftermarket wheel companies will always point you back to the machines specifications

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The manual lists the torque setting at 54 ft lbs. The torquing of the rims is a function of the stud not the rim type. Aftermarket wheel companies will always point you back to the machines specifications

Thanks! Actually according to other sites it is very wheel dependent. I actually saw some Polaris specs that said something crazy like 37 ft lbs for Steel wheels and 90 ft lbs for aluminum. Since the Viking has pretty decent size studs I torqued them at 80 ft lbs and called it a day. If I can figure out a way to post pics on here I would.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts