Viking Forum banner

Torn Boot!

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  cactus 
#1 ·
Lit a brush pile on Thursday night at the neighbor's house. Buried in the grass was a smallish tree that I had pulled with my Bobcat. The stump/roots got jammed in my passenger side rear fender and I couldn't go forward or back - I still need to pull my CVT apart and inspect the belt from this. The bad part was we had already lit the fire with supplies from the back of my Viking that was parked WAY to close to have an issue like this. Luckily the pile didn't burn as fast as some that we've burned over the past couple of years. I had to take the chainsaw and cut it out so I could move away from the fire. If that didn't work, I would have had to shove it out of the way with the Bobcat.

Head Eye Automotive tire Organism Eyelash

Fluid Drinkware Barware Art Liquid

My inner hub seal doesn't look the best and I feel a slight imperfection in the inner bearing. I'm sure it would last a while yet and I don't have the supplies or tools to replace it right now. I was hoping to go ride this weekend but I'm not sure if I can get the new parts here and installed in time. I might just put it back together and keep it for a Winter project.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Cameras & optics Rim

See less See more
  • Sad
Reactions: bd_skrillz
#2 ·
On the bright side, it makes it a whole lot easier to install the angled zerks when you have the knuckle off the machine. It's SO dumb that these machines come with straight zerks you can't easily get a grease gun on. I think the year the factory changed to angled zerks was 2018 - at lease that's what's on my brother's machine.

Automotive tire Bicycle part Gear Crankset Rim

#3 ·
Dang that’s too bad. I hate it when 💩 happens like that.

#4 ·
I'd be putting it back together the way it is, change the wheel bearing and seal later as you said.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.