Viking Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 Viking VI EPS SE with 20 hours

Just installed the SuperATV 2" lift and swapped out stock 25" Bighorns for 27" Sedona Coyotes on stock rims. When I lowered her off the jacks I noticed considerable positive camber (top of tire leaning out) only on the right rear. Had not noticed this before the changes. I do recalling smacking a curb with that tire while doing donuts in the snow not too long ago (showing off always has consequences) but didn't see anything right after except some rash on the wheel.

My question is, what is bent? The A-arms do not appear to be bent, but the bolt that attaches to the stabilizer bar is a bit "off." I swapped tires from side to side and the problem remains, so it's not the wheel or tire that's off. Any suggestions welcome!

Might be tough to see in the photos, but the left side is perfectly level and the right is way off.
Left is level
Right is not level
IMG_2130.jpeg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I drove it today a short distance and it trued up a little, but it still has noticeable positive camber. Just not sure what to replace because it all looks straight.

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Is it possible it was always a little off but you never noticed till you did the work? I would probably start by carefully measuring distances on both sides. Even things like the shock extension and heights of both sides of the frame above the floor. Maybe a different bolt hole was used on one side somewhere or the smack it took moved it a little. A small difference in one place can make a big difference at the other end of a linkage.

Maybe disconnect the sway bar entirely from both sides and drive it a bit. You will need a bungie to hold it out of the way.

Sent from my SM-F707U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it possible it was always a little off but you never noticed till you did the work? I would probably start by carefully measuring distances on both sides. Even things like the shock extension and heights of both sides of the frame above the floor. Maybe a different bolt hole was used on one side somewhere or the smack it took moved it a little. A small difference in one place can make a big difference at the other end of a linkage.

Maybe disconnect the sway bar entirely from both sides and drive it a bit. You will need a bungie to hold it out of the way.

Thanks for suggestions BadM0nkey. I will try these out this weekend.

·
Super Moderator
4,377 Posts
Are both stabiliser bolts on each side at the same angle? I think the bolt in the last photo is at that angle because of the lift, as the A arm goes down it goes "in".

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Have you checked that your wheel bearings or hub bushes are not stuffed? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
414 Posts
Bushes...LOL! 🤣

·
Registered
117 Posts
Stuffed bushes? Sounds like a snack food... oh wait... :oops:

Reactions: Sport4x4

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Aussies talk a funny lingidy.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Stuffed and filled many a bush chockers.

Reactions: cactus
1 - 14 of 14 Posts