Viking Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
1,517 Posts
I leave it in neutral and set the parking brake. I strap mine down to the trailer with 4 tire bonnet ratchet straps and then another ratchet strap through the frame on the front and back (probably overkill).

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
1,517 Posts
Here’s a picture of my trailer and wheel choks I anchor the tire bonnets to.
Plant Vehicle Car Road surface Infrastructure

·
Registered
2017 Viking EPS
297 Posts
I used to use wrestle with and worry about straps. Then I put down e-track and it's SO much easier and less stressful. I strap all four wheels of each machine. I just haven't gotten the front straps on the little one yet in this picture.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
I park the front wheels up against the headboard (it's solid) and pass a ratchet strap under the doors through the cabin. I pull the Viking forward against the headboard slightly and the strap sits in the curve of the frame at the front of the floor. Quick and easy. And I leave it in neutral with the handbrake on. You don't want the Viking in gear as it will rock backwards and forwards on the gears.

Reactions: Gregger

·
Registered
249 Posts
I used to use wrestle with and worry about straps. Then I put down e-track and it's SO much easier and less stressful. I strap all four wheels of each machine. I just haven't gotten the front straps on the little one yet in this picture.

View attachment 52260
That’s a sweet look going down the road MNDirtRider!! Send a pic too Yamaha:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Viking EPS
297 Posts

View attachment 52260
Thanks @Gregger . This is one of my favorites. I sold the black 660 but still have the rest. Yamaha might like this one too. I have 4 old Yamaha sleds too. I guess you could say I'm brand loyal. 😄

Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
1,517 Posts
I like blue also.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

·
Registered
2017 Viking EPS
297 Posts
@Sport4x4 - That's a great looking Kodiak. One of my favorite colors and graphics that they have done on them. In my opinion, it's too bad it came the 708 engine. I had nothing but bad luck with mine in the Gen 1 Wolverine.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
1,517 Posts
@Sport4x4 - That's a great looking Kodiak. One of my favorite colors and graphics that they have done on them. In my opinion, it's too bad it came the 708 engine. I had nothing but bad luck with mine in the Gen 1 Wolverine.
Yes that was a 2017 with the 708, I never had any issues with it burning oil or anything else. But it only had about 1200 miles on it when I sold it. I was worried I would eventually have issues with it since so many did with that 708, so that made it easier to part with and the money went along way to help pay off the Viking early.

Reactions: cactus
1 - 11 of 11 Posts