Viking Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Number one: Not unhooking the battery powered post hole digger before jumping in and taking off in reverse.....

Made it most of the way back to the shop without the battery hooked up..... Then to finish the trip I just stuffed the ends back against what was left of the posts.....

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Oh man that's about a 50 dollar f up. I'd try to fix it and melt the lead back together with a soldering pencil. Or small machine screws and try to bolt flat stock to whats left.

·
Registered
965 Posts
This is one of those threads you want to read but don't want to respond to, but if you have a "things not to do with you viking story" you kinda have to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
They make a battery powered post hole digger? Hmmmm, just learned somrthing:D. Hopefully all is well the your buggie:)

·
Registered
965 Posts
I don't think yamaha makes a battery powered post hole digger, but I am interested to see what kind you are using

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh man that's about a 50 dollar f up. I'd try to fix it and melt the lead back together with a soldering pencil. Or small machine screws and try to bolt flat stock to whats left.
Yep.... The first thing I did was look at the battery and see where it said no open flames near it... So my plumbing torch may not be the best tool for that job.... But am thinking of trying to drill and tap what's left so that the tops of the posts can be bolted/screwed back down.... Just have to be sure to not go too deep.... Maybe then smelt it some around the cracks....

·
Registered
965 Posts
It is probably worth it to just get a new battery

·
Registered
326 Posts
Blue Wolf and Shawn2292!!!! Give your fuc&$)g heads a shake! The first thing you need to do is set up a video camera so we can all learn this little "How to" repair. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
312 Posts
I see Youtube all over this....

·
Registered
326 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm still stuck on the brochure of the post hole digger. Looks like an early '80s photo of a member of the Village People.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
Seriously don't mess with the battery. You're E R copay is probably $50. Way back in high school my auto class was disrupted by a battery explosion. Acid and fire everywhere. Mike went to check the fluid level with a lighter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
520 Posts
Seriously don't mess with the battery. You're E R copay is probably $50. Way back in high school my auto class was disrupted by a battery explosion. Acid and fire everywhere. Mike went to check the fluid level with a lighter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
how is mike now? o.0

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
how is mike now? o.0
He ended up with no eyebrows and some minor acid burns (teacher acted quickly to get him into the wash station). I haven's seen him since graduation 35 years ago but I'd guess that Darwin probably got him by now.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good point.... I think the last ER room visit was $300 bucks.... The lady behind the desk actually said something like 'This is the highest co pay I've ever seen.'

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It looks just like a standard Lawn and Garden Tractor battery.... How many cranking amps does the Viking battery have? It doesn't say on the battery it's self.....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts