Viking Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I loved my Viking until winter, I have 27 inch tires on mine after about 1 mile I had more snow in the cab then was on the ground couldn't see even to drive, now I have the front and rear window and just put fender extender on it I also put gorilla tape over the front window were it doesn't cover and put some rolled insulate the pink stuff on the gaping hole in the top of the rear window :mad: any suggestions out there don't want to put door on it I'm in and out to much I already have almost 3000 miles on it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Is the snow kicking up from the tires, coming over the front, coming in from the back, or all of the above? Do the bigger tires play a role in the problem? How deep of snow are you driving in? I'm looking to go with 27's, but I have yet to drive mine in the snow with the stock tires, because I don't have my windshield in yet (backordered).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
All above we had about 10 inch it was powdered snow I also notice a lot of cold air and snow coming up behind the seat put a towel behind it and it help and a lot of cold air coming out by the gearshift I cut a piece of rubber to cover it and it did the job
Oh don't forget the gorilla tape to fill in the top of the windshield about 4 inches

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was out racing around in 10" of snow and had very little get inside. I have 27" Mud Trax tires and they kick up plenty of snow. I guess if the snow is really fine powder it would blow in a lot more. I don't have anything taped or closed off. I also don't have the over fenders. I do have the windshield and back window. This SXS plows a lot better than my Yamaha Kodiak 450!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad to here you not having a problem, the flares help a little today. I didn't look like a snow man today just a dusting, it's only 5 here today. Cold on a wet face, that probably a heat wave to you. a plow is next on my list

·
Registered
21 Posts
OK….I will change my story! I was plowing powder snow at 15F and the fine stuff would pour under my windshield into the cab. My dog was sitting in 3" by the time I was finished and I could not find my hat on the floor! The only place it really comes in is under the windshield. I will need to figure out how to seal that off! I am also having a hard time shifting out of reverse.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
When it kinda sticks in te Reverse, just drive back a little further, and it comes loose, thats what i do with mine, i just drive back a little furter and try again, and it shifts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I will try my $1.50 fix for the snow blowing under the windshield. I bought a piece of pipe foam (1/2" X 6') and in about 3 minutes had it installed. It fits tight with only minimal gaps on the sharp curves. Lets hope I don't have to shovel out the cab anymore!

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The way I sealed mine was I went and found a junk car popped the trunk and took the weather seal form around the lid looks like a factory job

·
Registered
21 Posts
That would look a lot better. I will find some kind of a weather seal like that but for now the foam will have to do since I have a lot of snow to plow tomorrow!

·
Registered
28 Posts
That would look a lot better. I will find some kind of a weather seal like that but for now the foam will have to do since I have a lot of snow to plow tomorrow!
Both excellent ideas on filling that gap. I had the same problem when plowing. I have some of that pipe insullation laying around why didn't I think of that. That's why this forum is so great, lot of thinkers out there sharing. I am impressed with my girl I was pushing some heavy wet snow yesterday and she took it all, the way a good girl should.....:)

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Both excellent ideas on filling that gap. I had the same problem when plowing. I have some of that pipe insullation laying around why didn't I think of that. That's why this forum is so great, lot of thinkers out there sharing. I am impressed with my girl I was pushing some heavy wet snow yesterday and she took it all, the way a good girl should.....:)

yea pipe insulation seems to be the fix lol.. View attachment 2017

·
Registered
139 Posts
worked like a champ

I will try my $1.50 fix for the snow blowing under the windshield. I bought a piece of pipe foam (1/2" X 6') and in about 3 minutes had it installed. It fits tight with only minimal gaps on the sharp curves. Lets hope I don't have to shovel out the cab anymore!
I too went and purchased the 1/2 inch pipe insulation. It worked great. I left mine in one solid piece and cut small holes in the insulation in the area of the windshield brackets. Cost me 1.05....

·
Registered
290 Posts
I bet getting a back window would help solve alot of the snow issues. Without a rear shield the cab acts like a vacuum from the airflow...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts