Viking Forum banner

The Green Machine

468K views 1K replies 98 participants last post by  cactus 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Now that I have my introduction out of the way, this is going to be a thread about my Viking which I am calling The Green Machine (sorry if someone is already using that). Nothing major going on, but I would like to track my progress with pics and if nothing else you guys can either keep me from making mistakes or laugh at me for being a dumb ass!:D So, I hope everyone enjoys the build, it may be a little slow, but here goes....

pg 20 Exhaust heat shields
pg 20 power steering
pg 22 fuel filler neck sock
pg 22 LED tail lights
pg 23 guages
pg 23 horn
pg 23 dragonfire fire extinguisher
pg 24 dragonfire steering wheel
pg 25 wheel spacers
pg 25 Oil pressure sending unit
pg 26 Woolvy seats
pg 27 Woolvy door handles
pg 28 fan over ride switch
pg 29-33 fox podiums
pg 35+37&38 JBS skids/guards
pg 36/37 Harness's
pg 42-44 + 64 & 67 Snorkels
pg 50 Radio (communication)
pg 54-57 Radflo
pg 59 cage chop
pg 63 2nd battery
pg 67-71 Cavtos arms
pg 74-75 accent lights

In stock form the day I got it

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
First on my list of things to do was to have the bed sprayed. I had every intention of taking it somewhere and having it sprayed, however, I got the wild idea that I could just do it myself and save some money. So I sanded it down top, bottom and sides and prepped it. Then off to Lowes I went and came home $45 worth of Rustoleum spray in bed liner. Needless to say (cause I know you guys are laughing right now) it didn't work like I thought!!! It actually turned out very nice, just wasn't very thick and I wanted it not just for protection, but for some sound proofing as well. So off to the PROFESSIONAL I went to have it re-done. Lesson #1 learned! haha!

Sand, sand and more sanding....and yes, even my wife chipped in to help sand!!

Attachments

#7 ·
Looks good, you know..... for a green one

#10 ·
Dove hunting, an occasional deer hunt and just hauling my beer! Our dove lease is 1000 acres of farm land so when it rains it is REALLY soft mud and walking sucks! It's mainly just a toy for me and my boys.

#13 ·
I'll be honest with u.. That is the best setup I've seen so far for multiple accessories. Nice job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#17 ·
Awesome work, I love those tires, what size are they?

#18 ·
I googled boating supply store, but lots come up. What is the exact name?

Thanks. Great panel you found!

#19 ·
check out amazon. search switch panels. theyre $50

#21 ·
Got the bed back together and back on. I am VERY pleased with how it turned out. And yes, that's water in the cup....I know, I know....but I have to get up @ 3:30am everyday!!! Tonight is a different story!>:)

Attachments

#24 ·
Tires are sick...and beautiful. Please make sure to add all the goodies to your signature.

#27 ·
Find the User CP. Signature is available on left. Might need to use computer.

#28 ·
Well I was able to sneak away from work a little early and get home in time to get a little bit done before it got dark, First up was the 3" Strongmade lift kit and I started in the back.

Attachments

#29 ·
Guess I need to make sure Iturn my phone sideways? For some reason it rolls the picks over when I upload them??? Anyway, on to the front....

Attachments

#30 ·
Pretty easy kit, only took about an hour and 3 beers! And, most important was that it still fits in the garage!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.