Viking Forum banner

Tested out the snorkel

6K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  WhiteWind 
#1 ·
Today I took out my viking to test everything out. I first backed the viking into the water slowly till the air box was submerged and then pulled it back out and checked the box-no leaks so I went for it-check out the videos!

yamaha viking snorkel - YouTube

#4 · (Edited)
Only had two problems-it scared my kid a little bit and if you watch the second video around the 1:20 mark I went real deep and when I put it in reverse to back out it broke the front axle-not sure why-did not look or feel bad but it broke-I haven't heard of anybody breaking axles, only the driveshaft slipping which mine does not slip at all. I only have 92 mikes in the machine so will see what the dealership says! I have the same tire size on my grizzly and I punish that thing and have never broke a axle!

#5 ·
Yeah pretty deep there at 1.20, looks great! That's amazing that the axle broke, stick a photo up if you can, it must have been faulty from new do you think?

#6 ·
I will get a photo of it tomorrow-I don't know about being fault from new, never gave me any problems-I have seen my buddies ranger crew break front axles all the time but it is when it is under stress-I don't feel I had it under stress at all but something caused it to break!!

#7 ·
Great vids, poor kid sure was worried about his dad, lol. He sure was happy to get over to ya!!

No telling how long it'll take yamaha to get a new axle. Its amazing to me, that this machine has been out now for almost a year, and they still have accessories, etc on BACKORDER.

#8 ·
I never seen a broke axle from that lite of runnin . I run mine very hard and only slip front shaft. would really like to pics of how you did intake snorkel part. plz post pics

#10 ·
Ahhh getting pretty hard and free spinning in water then hitting something that grips hard something going to snap or spin. I take my about as deep as you but never hit anything while spinning and I'm in loose gravel. Like see pictures of it once you get a chance. You going take off the snorkel for warranty work?

#16 ·
I was spinning the tires pretty good plus had it in diff lock and did run over a submerged tree-that beach is flooded right now. If you watch closely at the videos the tire is spinning until I take the viking deep around 1:20 then put it in reverse and cranked the wheels-tires were spinning cause the sand is real soft there and then it broke-my buddy with the ranger crew says he breaks the most going in reverse at full turn-in fact his lift came with steering stops to keep it from going full turn and putting to much pressure on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.