Viking Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas icon how to stop the tailgate latches from rattling? I have a 2019 and can hear them even over the engine noise so you know they are loud 馃お. Thankyou!

Registered
Are they loose to the touch like you can move them freely when latched? Mine are very tight when latched they even draw the side in a little as I close the latch so zero movement and no noise. I never looked to see if there is any adjustments for them have you?

Reactions: M&j

Registered
Seriously, just see if you can bend the hook sides out a bit. I used a hammer and punch.

Sent from my SM-F707U using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replying, I was thinking of rubberizing them Somehow but I solved the issue. I bought the Yamaha tool box and installed last night and it appears by keeping the bed further apart it resolved the rattl.

Registered
Early on what I thought were the latches rattling was actually my dump bed not fully clamped down. Not sure if you checked that yet.

Super Moderator
^^^^^^^^As above, when I shut my dump bed only one side latches, I have to walk around the other side and push down on the front corner to latch it. If I don't it rattles. My rear latches pull the sides in and lock tight as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts