Viking Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a superwinch terra 45 and a mounting plate. The plate is for the viking and for several types of winches up to 5000lbs including superwinch. However, the winch won' t fit.
What plate works?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Here is a link I found. Although it's for a Grizzly, the issues are the same and you may be able to get some info to help:

Superwinch Tera 45 install - Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

After I got all that done, I went to bolt my winch on and turns out the mounting plate I have won't work with the terra. I had assumed that I had the recommended superwinch bracket seeing how I had a superwinch on it, but it must be some kind of generic mounting plate that yamaha uses. The holes all line up fine but there is no way the freespool knob will clear the bar coming down for the bumper. There would also be no way for me to bolt on a fairlead as there is little to know room between the winch and the front of the plate. I know the recommended superwinch plate would work and people say the KPI bracket works as well but both those would cost me over $100 with shipping to Canada. I went with the advice of another member and ordered a winch plate from SuperATV so I'm back to the waiting game and crossing my fingers that it is going to work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts