Viking Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Superbowl, who watched it? I guess all of you did. Apparently the Aussie was the reason the 49'ers lost, coming from Australia he didn't know how to play properly. But then again maybe the 49'ers should up the anti a bit and call themselves the 69'ers? I missed the whole game (apart from Shakira, who I saw the whole lot of), watching her tongue go like a goat in heat did it for me. Maybe the new 69'ers could use that as their promo meme?

So a couple of tips please for an Aussie that only knows rugby league, rugby union, and cricket. So NFL you need to get the ball across the line (obviously) but you don't need to ground the ball? Even though it's called a touchdown?

And how come late in the 3rd or early 4th number 15 passed to Mahone who ran for the line but was pushed out around the orange post into the large white sideline stripe missing the red in-goal area completely but it was still classed as a touchdown?

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
Yesterday was the Superbowl?

Sent from the bottom of a whiskey bottle

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
Yesterday was the Superbowl? I was wondering why Walmart was empty.

Sent from the bottom of a whiskey bottle

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Superbowl, who watched it? I guess all of you did. Apparently the Aussie was the reason the 49'ers lost, coming from Australia he didn't know how to play properly. But then again maybe the 49'ers should up the anti a bit and call themselves the 69'ers? I missed the whole game (apart from Shakira, who I saw the whole lot of), watching her tongue go like a goat in heat did it for me. Maybe the new 69'ers could use that as their promo meme?

So a couple of tips please for an Aussie that only knows rugby league, rugby union, and cricket. So NFL you need to get the ball across the line (obviously) but you don't need to ground the ball? Even though it's called a touchdown?

And how come late in the 3rd or early 4th number 15 passed to Mahone who ran for the line but was pushed out around the orange post into the large white sideline stripe missing the red in-goal area completely but it was still classed as a touchdown?
Cacti -

I believe you may be referring to this play or one similar. https://youtu.be/3W0mR8rhQm8?t=25

Shakira and Lopez - Goats in heat was a perfect description!

·
Super Moderator
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cacti -

I believe you may be referring to this play or one similar. https://youtu.be/3W0mR8rhQm8?t=25

Shakira and Lopez - Goats in heat was a perfect description!

That's the one, my mistake though, I said Mahomes scored the touchdown, he actually passed the ball to Williams who scored. And I missed that William's hands passed over the in-goal side of the orange post. So the player only has to hold the ball over the line to score, his body doesn't have to cross the line or ball/body doesn't have to touch the ground.

Different note, looks to me like William's foot was on the white sideline before the tip of the ball passes over the front edge of the touchdown line? And does a finger on the ball count as part of the ball as far as a touchdown goes?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts