Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I totaled my 2011 John Deere Gator 825i just over a week ago. Creek was a little deeper than I anticipated. Insurance is about to pay out and I'm trying to decide on the 2014 Gator (Loaded), 2014 Polaris Browning Edition (Loaded), or the Viking (Loaded to the point of a quote of $18,900). I mainly set up and plant green fields and hunt hunt. The forum has been helpful but from what I can tell is the Viking has issues with the exhaust pipe heat, brakes squeaking, vibration at idle, maybe differential issues?

Loved my Gator….quote on a new 2014 (Loaded $15,600) includes engine brake this year, larger gas tank, electric dump bed, Camo, brush guards front and back,fog lights, power steering, wench, rear lights,upgraded wheels with Maxxis Tires.

Polaris 900 Browning Edition same (Loaded) everything that I have mentioned the Gator has…..$19,500.

Thoughts??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is the quote on the Viking in case you thought I was kidding. Loaded including a spray bed.

Hello George,

Hope your having an excellent day! Here is the quote you have requested on the New Yamaha Viking Side By Side.

2014 Yamaha Viking Power Steering in Camo.

$18,904.49 Out the door( Including tax, title, List of accessories and installation labor)

Please let me know if you have any questions, I appreciate this opportunity to get you enjoying the New Viking!

Thanks!

Rodney McIntyre
[email protected]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is from my John Deere sales person. I added a little more money to the $15,200 for the wench.

A new 2014 camo machine with all the accessories I listed earlier and a camo roof (which is optional) will cost $15,200.00 with your customer loyalty discount. You will still need to have the guys in Franklin add your lights and stereo.

Sent: Monday, January 06, 2014 8:33 AM
To: Phillip Bowden
Subject: Re: 2014

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Just a thought but ...a Viking may have made it across the river :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very true indeed. The Gator was a 2011 and the air intake was too low. They have made the adjustment. What I really like about the Viking is the 3 seats and just the overall space.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I drove all of the above and bought the viking. I personally have not experienced any issues with the exhaust or the brakes. I have maybe 75 miles on mine and the vibration is all but not noticable any more. The single biggest selling point for me was the three seats and the extra leg room the viking had over the polaris and the gator (I'm 6'4"). I did like the gator's motor, but after all the tests rides I really liked the Viking better.

Reactions: Univoftnvol

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
No issues here either, every so often the brakes squeak, but no biggie, I've always had Yamaha and they've never let me down. I did try a new 2010 polaris, and let's just say, I'll never buy another polaris product

·
Registered
32 Posts
I really love my Viking. I test drove the Ranger 800 and 900 xp. My thoughts/observations are: the Viking and the Ranger 800 are matched equal on power but the Viking is not as loud given the new engine placement. The 900 xp is considerably quieter and a little more powerful but more expensive which was a factor for me. The Viking is hands down more comfortable with the bucket seats and extended leg room.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Honestly you couldnt go wrong with any of the machines. The big selling point for me is the fact that it had a ton of room. I am 6'8" tall and have tons of room in it and am very comfortable. My biggest complaints with the viking are the crazy amounts of noise that you get in the cab and right now the factory parts support from yamaha with all there parts being on backorder. And lastly the fact that they did not put a twin in this machine. The big single runs well but of course a twin would have been better bein as heavy as it is. I have 307 hard miles on my viking with proper break in of course and I would reccomend it. But as I said any of the three machines listed would be awesome. We have 5 polaris and love them all with no problems. only problem ive had with the viking is the front torque limiting shaft. But I love my viking alot to.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Hope ya get it fixed soon

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Best of luck in your utv hunt. Hope ya get a Viking!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Isn't it illegal to buy a wench? Except Nevada

joe

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just picked up my Viking last night. Got to make time to install the winch and plow.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Just picked up my Viking last night. Got to make time to install the winch and plow.

You'll love it, its a great machine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought a 900xp (hated it) after having a rhino ( was just ready for a new machine) before the Viking came out. Needless to say as soon as I could find a Viking with eps I was back to Yamaha. 500 miles no issues, a few squeaks, always watching exhaust but no issues. As far as price, if you don't need everything now you could probley get a lot of aftermarket as more and more goodies are coming out every week

1 - 20 of 25 Posts