Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the strong made 2-3 inch lift kit at 3 inch setting. Will go get it dirty tomorrow! Pictures of measurements before and after with 28 inch Titan 589MT's
rear before
front beforerear after
front after
side shot middle
just for comparison to something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mass-n-trash

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Missed the rear after pic

Reactions: Quack addict

·
Registered
124 Posts
That is quite an improvement over the 10.5" clearance I have on the rear of my ride. Very cool lift set up you have there:D

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now we will see how everything holds up !!!! Suspension a arms are pretty much maxed out in the down travel!

·
Registered
86 Posts
just for comparison to something

I hate it when I have to drive over a bunch of tall water bottles and I don't have enough clearance!

(btw--your viking has a small bicycle blemish growing out its nose)

Please, take this in the good natured ribbing in which it is intended.:D

Reactions: bamaviking

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
I'm trying to imagine a line across but it looks like you gained 2 1/2" in the back and 2 3/4" in the front? (is that about right?)

How was the install and are you happy with the quality? I'm thinking of getting this kit and doing the 2" in the from and the 3" in the back.

Sure does look good!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As far as the growth, thats my back up rig! Water bottles can come out of nowhere so i am trying to at least be able to nock em over, lol

As far as gain i think its pretty even at. 2-1/2 both , but hard to tell by myself, m n t .

Install easy. And kits seems good . No issues that i see

Reactions: bamaviking

·
Registered
312 Posts
Missed the rear after pic

Ok, I can see the difference now! I never thought a lift kit would add clearance ( ground). I went out this am and measured mine 12" from the same spot with 27" tires. ( supposedly where stock is suppose to be:cool:) I feel like I'm another 6" higher and can only imagine what an additional 2-3" would do!!

·
Registered
854 Posts
that is some great extra clearance, good to see you got this kit. do you have any other modifications planned for the future or what?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:)I am waiting for my yamaha rear window to come back from the canvas shop where i am having sound proofing material sewn to the lower portion. Looking forward to seeing how it helps. A couple more accesories later. The only other major mod will be, how much mud can i stick on this thing.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Looks good North Pole! Glad to see another Blue Monster in he making. Keep it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Installed my Strong Made lift. Only put on the rear at 3”. Wanted to keep my Viking a close to stock as possible. After adding on a aluminum skid plate, tool box with rescue accessories, spare tire, and bed mat, my Viking rear clearance dropped to 8 1/2 inches. The rear lift kit brought it back to a bit over 12 inches. Don’t think I’ll put on the front lift kit. My front clearance is still pretty much at stock 11 ½ inches.
Overall, very satisfied with this product.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Installed my Strong Made lift. Only put on the rear at 3”. Wanted to keep my Viking a close to stock as possible. After adding on a aluminum skid plate, tool box with rescue accessories, spare tire, and bed mat, my Viking rear clearance dropped to 8 1/2 inches. The rear lift kit brought it back to a bit over 12 inches. Don’t think I’ll put on the front lift kit. My front clearance is still pretty much at stock 11 ½ inches.
Overall, very satisfied with this product.
My lift is on order, and I'm planning on pretty much doing the same thing. I have a spare tire, spray on liner and the cargo box. Even though I added the 27" tires, the rear has really sagged and I too have only 10.5" of clearance.

I brought this up before but the Viking is supposed to come stock with 11.8" of clearance...and that's pretty much BS. If you have not done it, and your ride is still stock, go out and measure....I'll bet you're way under the advertised clearance.

·
Registered
67 Posts
My lift is on order, and I'm planning on pretty much doing the same thing. I have a spare tire, spray on liner and the cargo box. Even though I added the 27" tires, the rear has really sagged and I too have only 10.5" of clearance.

I brought this up before but the Viking is supposed to come stock with 11.8" of clearance...and that's pretty much BS. If you have not done it, and your ride is still stock, go out and measure....I'll bet you're way under the advertised clearance.
I stand corrected, measured the rear clearance, it’s a bit over 11 inches. What 27 inch tires/rim combat ion are you using. Any change in performance?

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
I stand corrected, measured the rear clearance, it’s a bit over 11 inches. What 27 inch tires/rim combat ion are you using. Any change in performance?
I am running 26.5" Pit Bull Rockers (They run a bit larger than callout). I have them mounted on SS212 ITP 12" wheels. As far as performance goes...I put them on before I really took the Viking out for a ride, so I really have nothing to compare it to. I can tell you that these are 8 ply tires that are a little on the heavy side. I would think that there has to be some sort of change in performance. However, all of my riding is slow to mid range...and speed is not a need. I have some friends, I hunt with, that have run these on their Rhinos since the tires came out...and they have NEVER had a flat. I would say this combo would put you right on the line as far as needing a clutch kit....could go either way depending on how you ride. Many people don't use the low range enough.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
So I received my Strong made 2"-3" kit today. Before I go into my thoughts, let me first say it seems to be built well and the install was very easy.
Now...I'm actually pretty disappointed in the whole thing. This might be more along the lines of what I was expecting or hoping for rather than what the kit appears to be designed to do.
I had already added 27" tires = 1" lift, which raised the ride a bit already. Then, I added some weight to the back with the spare tire and carrier, the spray on bed liner and the OEM tool box. Even with the 2" taller tires, the added weight made it sag down...and I had about 10 1/2" ground clearance in the rear.
After I added the kit, and used the highest settings, I now have 12" of clearance in the rear. It only raised it 1 1/2 inches :( However, the front has come up the full 3" and I have a little over 14" up there. Looking at the rear bracket, the new mounting holes are pretty much in line with the old ones, and only 1 1/2inches farther down. So...it appears as though this is more like the kits you get for your truck. It's more of a leveling kit than anything. I did get the 3" of lift....but it was mostly in the front. My ride sits a little nose high in the front now.
I really can't say anything bad about the kit itself...it's probably doing exactly what it was intended to do. I'm going to completely remove the kit from the front and just leave the rear brackets on.

All in all I would recommend the kit....but you need to know what you are getting. It's not the kits fault...I just wanted it for another reason.

For those of you that have installed the "Super ATV" 2" lift. How much rear lift did you actually get? Was it along the same lines as this one, in which you get more lift in the front than in the rear?

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
I have 12" rear clearance with the lift kit and 27" tires. Are you still running the stock tires...or?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Question

:)I am waiting for my yamaha rear window to come back from the canvas shop where i am having sound proofing material sewn to the lower portion. Looking forward to seeing how it helps. A couple more accesories later. The only other major mod will be, how much mud can i stick on this thing.

Did you half to use wheel spacers to keep it away from your tie rod end? or is there enogh clearance. I had a couple of my wheels get busted up, so im going back to my stock steel wheels and im wanting to go to a 27 inch tire.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Im thinking about buying this lift. I have a few questions..
1. Will I need to order the spacers for the shocks?
2. how does this lift compare to the highjacker kit?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts