Viking Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Storage Cover-Resolved

Yamaha OEM cover is $180ish. A tarp is $20.

Are there other options? A search showed a Ranger cover seems to fit, but again, expensive. I don't mind spending around $100 for a good quality cover, but that's my limit.

I'm leaning towards a tarp...

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I got a cover for mine awhile back on eBay, it was made for a Ranger, but fitx the Viking perfect, i think it was around 60

·
Registered
210 Posts
It just depends on if you really care how it looks or not. Get a nice black tarp and you should be good, and it won't look bad either. If you care more how it looks there are options but they are far more expensive. I'd also check ebay, Craigslist and the sort for discount options.

·
Registered
188 Posts
A brand new tarp should do the trick, but a proper cargo cover will likely be more durable and be a better long-term investment. Depends how much use you think you'll get out of it, and how you are planning on storing it and such. I would just be mindful of that.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
My Viking has a roof over it, but open on the sides, like a carport, when its muddy, dirty, or has pollen all over it, i usually dont cover it, but if i just washed it, I tend to keep it covered up. Dirty or clean, if I know its going to rain, i cover it too.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
My brother and I both bought blue Grizzlies the same week. I kept mine a garage and he kept his in a covered carport. Only problem was that the sun hit his every morning and afternoon. His is now a very light blue and mine was still dark blue when I sold it.

Any cover will work....gotta keep that sun off the plastic.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
My brother and I both bought blue Grizzlies the same week. I kept mine a garage and he kept his in a covered carport. Only problem was that the sun hit his every morning and afternoon. His is now a very light blue and mine was still dark blue when I sold it.

Any cover will work....gotta keep that sun off the plastic.
I had a 2002 Yamaha Big Bear 400 red, I got new, it was under a shed, but after years of sun hitting it, the fenders turned white, pink looking. I ended up getting new green plastics for it before I sold it

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
We'll have to see how the black Rhino's hold up.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I got one on eBay for a Ranger, its 120" long i think, but it fits the Viking perfectly.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
I sent the seller an e-mail bringing up that exact point. I'll pass on the response when I get it.
This is the sellers response...

Dear mass-n-trash,

we sell these for the Ranger as well. I believe the Viking is about the same size. Check your dimensions versus the description. It may not go completely down to the ground on the Viking as shown in the pic. We have one for a Polaris RZR4 seat model which is a bit larger if you don't think this one will provide adequate coverage.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Like i said, the gone i got on ebay, was for a Regular Ranger 800 Fit perfectly, i think it said 120" Long, If i remember right, i had bought another one, for a Ranger Crew, and it was way to big. But the one i have now, fits perfectly.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Here's mine

Tent Camping Room Shade Tarpaulin

Tent Camping Tree Tarpaulin Shed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I was ready to use a tarp, but after moving a few things around, I was able to get the Viking fit in my "garage."

The quad sits in front of the Viking. Couldn't fit the bikes, so they end up getting tarped.

I've got a bunch of shelves and a work bench in there, so no room left for the poor bikes.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts