·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Swamp lite is the tire im going with.

27/10/10 all four corners

27/10/12 front 27/12/12 back

27/12/12 all four corners

Keeping her stock, first sxs, any thoughts here?
Pros/cons

·
Registered
107 Posts
I would go with 10's all the way around. I have 12's all around and the front sticks out pretty far. They sling alot of mud in the cab.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Leb337,
Im getting the flares, im not worried about mud in cab so much. Knowing that, do you still recommend 10s all around, and why?

Looking more for functionality, more than anything, handle better/worse. Turnning, ruts, mud, water, snow, traction, ect...
Thanks

·
Registered
188 Posts
If you're worried about flinging mud into the cab you can always get a better windshield. That should protect you from getting mud in the face at least. Is there really going to be that much difference in performance between the two tire sizes?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have the flares and a windshield and still get mud in the cab. It will come over the doors. The flares dont all the way down to the bottom of the bike and will let mud fly in the cab. With that said the bike looks awesome with the wide tires all around. I have EPS so it handles great.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Ive got 27-12-12 rear and 27-9-12 front swamp lites....love em hands down

·
Registered
312 Posts
27X10X12 fronts and 27X12X12 rears Mudlite XTR's and that mutherjammer will go!

·
Registered
965 Posts
I have 27x12x12 all the way around, I think they look awesome and have no performance issues at all

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
107 Posts
Since I put the 2" lift the front tires have sucked in a little more under the fenders.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Mine to

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Aronsrb, would be great if you had a straight on front view, so all of us could see.
Just brought the tactical black home Wednesday, have rode her more then off the trailer to the barn. **** job, took some pictures but they willnt post. Aronsrb and leb337, you **** near got me talked into a lift and the 12 in all corners! :)

Let me ask this, can I get 12 all around with no lift and no issues? I wanna hold out on some shocks!
If not ill just go with a 10 up front like the others have said.
Thanks everyone for replying! ! !

·
Registered
147 Posts
Ive got 27-12-12 rear and 27-9-12 front swamp lites....love em hands down
I think you hit a homerun with this setup. I really like the look of the wheels and tires. They look perfect for the size of the stock viking. I will be going with a setup like this in the future.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Here is front view

Reactions: Rockroller

·
Registered
107 Posts
My 26" Bighorns measure 27" and i had no clearance issues even before the lift. Here is a pic before the lift. I will take some after pics this week.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you can find the tire you like, the 27/9/12 is the way to go all the way around. Get the height without sacrificing the unsprung weight. It is a Horsepower killer. Wide tires on the front will cause a tremendous push on slick surfaces.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Here is mine before the lift, no clearance issues and no noticeable change in steering

1 - 20 of 36 Posts