·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Mean lookin

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know...that's what I wanted, but they were on backorder. I think the black is growing on me though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Probably put a clutch kit in it this week or next. Headed to Black Mountain in 3 weeks, so I'll need it before then. It doesn't seem like I lost that much grunt though. Fhb, those are black....I heard the slik kote were more of a gray color.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Awesome look!

hope this works...
I just picked up my Viking a little over a week ago. I'm really thinking about this same setup. My worry is that the trailer that I got for this is too skinny if I do this. I got an Echo EE-14-14 trailer
THREE PLACE ATV TRAILER
and I really only have an inch or so extra clearance (width) in stock form. Does anyone know if I will run into (width) issues with this trailer?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also live near Denver, so I'll be taking it on the mountain trails as much as possible. I just got back from an easy trail ride yesterday where I was flexing it out quite a bit with alternating tires off of the ground. Will I run into tire rubbing issues or failure of parts like CV axles? In essence, how big is too big without spending a ton of money chasing upgrades to fix weak links?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Charlie, I see your are close to Rush offroad. Have you been? If so, would it be worth the 5 or 6 hour trip for me to go?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Rush offroad park

Bad habit I have been there several times and it is a good ride. Before it was an offroad park, alot of jeeps and rockcrawlers used the old strip mine property there. Its rutted out in places because jeeps and rockcrawlers still use it too. I have ridden in alot of places and rush is hardcore in alot of areas but that is what we like to ride. If you youtube rzr flip 3 pole you can see some of the mountains you climb or descend down. So if thats the type of riding you like then its a great place. Another area that we like to ride is in hazard ky called mine made paradise. Its awesome as well. Its about 2 hours from lexington. So I would definitely recommend both of those rides. Have you rode any of the hatfield mccoy trails in WV? I know a great place to stay its at Ashland resort. We go there once a year and stay for a week. If you have any other questions about those just let me know.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Viking looks good.

Nice house too. Is that a converted barn or new build? I think converted barns are cool.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It was a barn at one time. Had a great time at Black Mountain. The roctanes made everything easy, even without the clutch kit. I'll still be adding the kit for a little more low end grunt. We had 11 utv's, and were pretty much the only ones on the mountains.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts