Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't quite know where to post this.. seemed like the logical place.

Im not a fan of the steering wheel on my Viking. I auto cross and like to drive the back roads (in my car) spiritedly I find myself looking for the same hand position in the Viking and the spokes of the wheel are right in the way.

You guys know of any aftermarket steering wheels that will fit? Like to have something a little thicker and the spokes of the wheel be more like a cars steering wheel.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Haven't seen any yet, I wouldn't mind having one too

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Sounds good

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
If its the same as my 2010 Ranger, you'd pop the center cap off the wheel, and there's a nut in there, and you remove it, and it the wheel slides off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I looked last night and it looks like there are screws holding the cover on. From there I know there is a spline that fits up into the wheel I have not had a chance to get into it yet. I am going to count the splines and diameter of the shaft from there I can compare that to other models and find a wheel that will work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Easiest way to find out what fits, and doesn't, Give your dealer a call and ask if they ue the same steering wheels, etc.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I looked last night and it looks like there are screws holding the cover on.

They aren't screws--the cover has four split attachment pins that push into the wheel. I found the cover was not happy coming off the wheel. I pried it off with a wide scraper and screwdriver to help prevent dinging or deforming.

·
Registered
344 Posts
There 3 screws holding the front cover of the wheel do not pry it off

·
Registered
963 Posts
I just went out to the garage and got a pic with my cell phone, these are not screws

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
We're a powersports parts & accessory dealer, and I've been trying to get a steering wheel from Grant for the Viking....I like the GT Rally 14" model:

...but they still haven't released a fitment kit yet for the Viking, and it's different than the Rhino steering wheel mount kit.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Something with some chrome/SS would be nice.. SSV use to make a real nice one for the rhino, but they dont anymore.. THey changed the shaft on the rhino in 2010, so they would not fit anymore.

·
Registered
268 Posts
We're a powersports parts & accessory dealer, and I've been trying to get a steering wheel from Grant for the Viking....I like the GT Rally 14" model:

...but they still haven't released a fitment kit yet for the Viking, and it's different than the Rhino steering wheel mount kit.
I like that design! Do you have to buy the horn button seperately or is it included?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts