Viking Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It might be a stupid question but is there and advantage to aluminum over steel? Or vise versa? Why do so many go to aluminum? Or is it aluminum just looks a lot nicer? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
I'm going to say there are far more options and styles with the alloys. Many/most of the wheels come with lifetime structural warranties too.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Are you on the other Viking site aswell? If so, glad you found us to, they dont like me talking about this site over there...

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
haha, see man, i dont even have to tell people to come over here, they find it themselves.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I think the reason 99% of people who put aftermarket wheels on there machine go with aluminum for cosmetics only. I went with ITP delta steel wheels with 27x12x12 GBC mud hog tires. I have the strength that steel wheels offer and the off road look I like.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I did come from the other web site. I started here but it took me forever to get registered, it kept denying me saying I was a spammer. Not sure why that happened, but I finally got in today! I did notice a lot more posts on this site so I am happy I finally joined.

Reactions: Teryx2k16

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Yes I did come from the other web site. I started here but it took me forever to get registered, it kept denying me saying I was a spammer. Not sure why that happened, but I finally got in today! I did notice a lot more posts on this site so I am happy I finally joined.
Glad to have ya! If your looking for info, or have any questions, you will definitely find what you need here :D

·
Registered
965 Posts
These pics show them off pretty well I think

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
326 Posts
These pics show them off pretty well I think

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Poser! JBYB. lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,701 Posts
Like Ultratec said, the reason to go aluminum is all about un-sprung mass, or weight. You want as little un-sprung mass as possible.

Then there's looks etc etc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts