Viking Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to stay with my stock wheels but want a taller tire 26" or 27" do I have to change my clutch or anything like that I just mostly trail ride not much mud riding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Nope, Sure dont

·
Registered
344 Posts
Keep an eye on weight of the tires I made the mistake of buying silverback which were way too heavy

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
That's why I stuck with the Bighorn 2.0s, when I got the 28s. They are not much heavier than the stock 25s

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yeah I went from silverbacks to zillas only 3 pounds heavier than stock

·
Registered
137 Posts
Tire weight is not the big biggest issue(rotating mass). Tire diameter is the bigger issue. Tire diameter is what is changing the final drive gear raito. A, say, 30" zilla at 30lb will be way harder to turn than a 27" silverback at the same weight. We all want a lighter tire, but it's the size that matters most.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I want to stay with my stock wheels but want a taller tire 26" or 27" do I have to change my clutch or anything like that I just mostly trail ride not much mud riding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey Masterdb,
I recently did the same thing, I still have my stock rims and put 27x11x12 all around.
I wouldn't recommend going 12 wide on front without spacers it will rub ti-rod end. Next to that it runs fine still plenty of power!

·
Registered
137 Posts
When I first got my Viking, I ran 28x12x12 mud lites all around. They were on stock Grizz 700 wheels which are the same size and offset as the Viking. No rubbing of anything, anywhere. Did not need spacers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts