Viking Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have never built a stereo box but I'm going to give it a shot this is what I got so far
I plan on doing 2 speakers in the box along with the amp and then 2 wake board tower speakers on the back rail

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
965 Posts
Are you going to use an in dash stereo?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I'm going to go with an amp with a aux input and build a little dry storage into the speaker box its self that way I can keep my ipod out of sight and dry and safe

·
Registered
464 Posts
I am building a box also

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

Reactions: Badger

·
Registered
464 Posts
Yep

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I put in a marine Kenwood stereo, glove box mount, out door speakers in my 2010 Ranger i had, it was nice. But didnt want to go that route this time around, im more than happy with my Yamaha Overhead setup.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Jlint how do you plan on mounting your box I have everything else figured out but that....I want it to be somewhat clean looking

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jlint how do you plan on mounting your box I have everything else figured out but that....I want it to be somewhat clean looking

I was looking at that yesterday I think I am going to get two pieces of flat aluminum and mount it on the two cross member cage bars that way the cage is supporting most of the weight then I will do two stainless u bolts through the center of the roof, and the roof is pretty flemsy so I am going to put dynomat or some sort of rubber material on the top side of my box to eliminate any rattle from the speakers, but I'm still in brain storming mode it might change 10 more times before it's done lol I will let you know.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I got a chance to work on my box a little more and I'm starting the fiberglass work now I got my switch panel as well which is going in the center of the box

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got a little more finished today uploadfromtaptalk1396485064756.jpg to mount it I used wall hangers rated at 100lbs uploadfromtaptalk1396485099542.jpg I used two pieces of flat stock to mount it to the roll cage uploadfromtaptalk1396485155250.jpg and then threw it up there and tighten it down all is left is to put the roof back on and finish wiring the speakers and amp I have three switches built into the box one is for the amp one for led lights up front and the third will be for a back up light uploadfromtaptalk1396485273273.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1396485281984.jpg

·
Registered
312 Posts
That's nice are you just going to mount yours to the center of the roof in between the cage bars

Good Lawd!! I'll here ya' all the way down here!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good Lawd!! I'll here ya' all the way down here!!!
Lol that was the plan I'm going to eventally build two more wake board tower style speakers for the rear I'm using infinity 6.5 and a 400 watt amp so far though it sounds good with the speakers sitting on my garage floor I'm ready to hear it in the box!!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Lol that was the plan I'm going to eventally build two more wake board tower style speakers for the rear I'm using infinity 6.5 and a 400 watt amp so far though it sounds good with the speakers sitting on my garage floor I'm ready to hear it in the box!!!

I use to install stereo's back in the day. Make sure that bad boy is sealed up air tight and let er' bump!

You may be suprised at the actual bass response you'll get from those 6.5's. Infinifty has some good products.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I might build a diff box later down the line as I'm not completely happy with everything I made a few mistakes but oh well it was the first box I ever built

·
Registered
464 Posts
Jlint you motivated me to go work on mine so it should be done by this weekend I'm hoping here is where I am at so far and I hope ya don't mind I might steal the idea of mounting it like you did

Reactions: Badger

·
Registered
312 Posts
LBT you're gonna have to get an additional battery to have enough juice to feed that bad boy!! Look's GOOD!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts