Viking Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening Y'all,

I live in the desert oasis of Yuma, Arizona. I recently bought a 2019 Viking VI from a winter visitor couple, they had bought it new, put 119 miles and 10 hours on it when i bought it from them, my win i reckon. So far i have put on a Badlands 5000LBS Winch, and am currently installing a rocker panel switch, light bar, and two pod lights. i look forward to learning from yall and hope to make a contribution to this group.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
333 Posts
Welcome, post some pictures of your new rig

·
Registered
93 Posts
Welcome. Bring your favorite beverage and start learning. There is a wealth of information on here.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I put a TON of work into my Viking VI. It has 6,000 miles on it now. Love that it seats 6 people. What upgrades do you plan to do in total? Also, people like photos. If you want peoples attention, post photos. I'll get you started :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put a TON of work into my Viking VI. It has 6,000 miles on it now. Love that it seats 6 people. What upgrades do you plan to do in total? Also, people like photos. If you want peoples attention, post photos. I'll get you started :p

View attachment 51023 View attachment 51024
So i bought it with the foldable windshield, hard top, brush guard bumper, and street legal kit. I have put a badlands 5000LBS winch on it, and am currently trying to figure out where I am going to put a lightbar, two pod lights, and a rocker panel gang switch I bought. The biggest issue I am having is finding a place to mount the rocker switch panel, but I am looking to get a different one. I do eventually want to install the lift kit I have, and get bigger tires that are DOT tires.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Be careful on those lift kits. If you have factory shocks then all you're going to get is some spacers to put on the shocks. There are a few 4" lift kits out there that do some extreme things but they are pricy. I would suggest getting a set of shocks that you can adjust the preload on. I have 814 shocks and I like them quite a bit. My ride looks lifted but it's really just adjusting the preload in the springs.

Mount the rocker switches in the dash, where the warning info is.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
333 Posts
Be careful on those lift kits. If you have factory shocks then all you're going to get is some spacers to put on the shocks. There are a few 4" lift kits out there that do some extreme things but they are pricy. I would suggest getting a set of shocks that you can adjust the preload on. I have 814 shocks and I like them quite a bit. My ride looks lifted but it's really just adjusting the preload in the springs.

Mount the rocker switches in the dash, where the warning info is. View attachment 51036 View attachment 51037
That's pretty nice, where did you get that switch panel? Is that from Yamaha?

·
Registered
63 Posts
The top one is what is in my Zombie Killer. It's from ebay. I just checked and they are still being sold on there. HOWEVER, I think it was a waste of money. just remove the warning plate and cut the plastic with a utility knife. You'd be suprised how easy it is to cut an exactly perfect hole in that plastic. It's like butter.

The one that has a Viking logo is just some random photo I found online. They do sell them but it's very expensive. I was going to shell out the cash to get one but I couldn't find one anywhere at the time.

Save the money, cut the rectangle shape you need for a single switch directly in the plastic. If you Fudge it up, you can always spend the $28 on the one I bought from ebay. but even with that one, you still have to cut a hole.

Let me know what you end up doing. Post some pics.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
333 Posts
I have already done what you suggest with the knife and cutting a hole and it did work great. I was just curious. So far just one switch added for the winch.
7AEA3B5A-6B5B-49FC-803F-2BBBB1BF36F7.jpeg

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nice. I ended up putting an on off switch on my winch. It's powered from an Aux battery under the drivers seat. Kids like to get in there and flip switches when I'm not looking and I didn't want them unspooling the winch without pulling the cable out, or winding in the winch without any cable left.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts