Viking Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking up my Viking in the morning. I have already spent lots of time soaking up the advice of members here, and it is on that general impression that I have decided to go with a Yahama instead of a Polaris. I will hunt all of you down if that advice is faulty!

Buying a bare-bones so I can do some fabrication, my favorite hobby. Hoping I can contribute to the noise containment issue. Will report, pic, and advise as soon as I can. Thank you all for your invaluable contributions.

Reactions: napzard

·
Registered
291 Posts
Look forward to the pictures and ideas! Im sure youll love the viking. welcome

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Welcome Fellow Texan!!!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Welcome TonyJ! I had the same idea about going with a bare bones machine. But I ended up with an EPS model which I'm glad I did.

Now, get some pics on here or we don't believe you even have one. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I'm an official member now. Sure glad I spent time reading forum posts so I wasn't surprised at the vibration at idle or the "loud" of the machine. I know from other posts that i can quiet her down, and as for the sage advice of other forum members, don't sit at idle--drive and the vibration goes away! Steering is what I expected, but i'll probably order an eps Kit. Having a blast with it.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Welcome new guy, what kind of fabrication are you planning on?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome from San Diego California! The fun begins!
Thank you--following your noise reduction progress-- planning to do some of the same.

Welcome new guy, what kind of fabrication are you planning on?
Nothing specific--I have always enjoyed fabricating my own parts and add-ons whenever possible. But if I do come up with something interesting and new, this forum will be the first to know. Maybe a foamie camper conversion add-on?

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I've got the Super atv EZ Steer EPS kit, really like alot. I got for $590 by sending them a PM on Rhinoforum.net and asking for a quote for the Viking EZ. Steer kit

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've got the Super atv EZ Steer EPS kit, really like alot. I got for $590 by sending them a PM on Rhinoforum.net and asking for a quote for the Viking EZ. Steer kit
Thanks for that--ordered the kit.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
No problem, you'll love it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts