Viking Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2018 camo VI
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I put the Yamaha oem soft side doors on a few years back, drivers zipper is shot which really sucks especially now that I’m ice fishing. Has anyone with the Yamaha doors had this problem?

· Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
1,629 Posts
I looked to buy a set of used ones that were advertised here but found out the zippers were bad so I passed them up.

· Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
1,629 Posts
Can you install velcro? Wonder if this would be a better option.

· Registered
2018 camo VI
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I noticed I placed this in the wrong section 😆. Yeah I’m not happy. Very expensive even in 2019 to have this issue.

· Registered
2018 camo VI
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking on other forums, it looks like the same issue with the wolverine guys too.

· Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
1,629 Posts
Check out this thread, #4 & #10

· Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
1,629 Posts
MNDirtrider didn’t have any luck but maybe PM him and ask if he thinks another size from them might work

· Registered
2017 Viking EPS
304 Posts
Hnnestly, I've been using my Ghetto fabulous side curtain on the driver's side for the past month since I haven't gotten the zipper replaced on my Yamaha curtain. I like it better for convenience that the factory one. I get in and out a lot and the zipper is a huge PITA. I'll take a video when I get a chance to show you what I mean. Zippers are a real challenge in the cold and I'm lucky enough to have a heated garage. That doesn't bode well for zipper performance when you roll out into the cold - that's why my cheapo system works so well on the driver's side.

· Registered
2018 camo VI
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was actually thinking of putting grommets in my current doors similar to way you did. Frustrating as hell. Pretty expensive to have failures this soon. Mine have been babies too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts