Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just sharing my snorkelyouratv kit still need to do the air intake I need to drill a two and a half inch hole in the air box

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
nice! how long did it take you to install it?

Please post pics of the intake when you get it installed as well. I was thinking about doing it to my wife's machine but I didn't know they were going to require a new hole in the airbox.

·
Registered
137 Posts
When I did my belt snorkels, It only took me 25-30 min to measure, cut and glue. IMO my belt snorkels look better than the kit.

·
Registered
210 Posts
What does the snorkel do? Is it to get air into the engine once you are driving your ATV through bodies of water? Sorry if I am a bit out of the loop with this stuff.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
talk about 20 to 30 minutes to do the CVT.but the intake I did not like the design due to the fact that you have to drill a hole for the snorkel to attach to the side of the air box when there's already a hole in the front of the air box makes no sense

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
rooster can you put up some pictures and how you did your intake

·
Registered
137 Posts
That's my thinking. Just make your own from the stock hole. That what I'm going to do. I'm going to make two risers up the back from a "T" to the air box. More for looks.

·
Registered
137 Posts
nemz305, I didn't get a chance to snorkel my intake. I was only home for 26 days of RnR on my last leave. I knew I needed to snorkel at least the belt, and vent lines if I wanted to ride "Outback" it was all the time I had just to do that. Next RnR; intake.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Heres the pics of the intake box it comes with a threaded pipe with two locking nuts one grabs outside of the box one in the inside didn't really like to drilling the hole in my air box ordered another factory one for $20 and I'm going to create my own out the front

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I totally understand rooster being that the factory snorkels pretty high up I thought twice about doing mine

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
did you do your vent lines are fairly easy there's three up from under the hood and two in the rear one from the rear diff and one from the gas tank

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Plus with the cvt snorkel the clutches are breathing fresh air instead of hot air from under the bed

·
Registered
46 Posts
would love for one of you guys that have snorkeled yours to give out a parts list so that those of us wanting to do our own could "cheat" lol........

·
Super Moderator
4,425 Posts
I totally understand rooster being that the factory snorkels pretty high up I thought twice about doing mine
That's what I'd be doing, joining into the factory one under the hood and running a pipe up the right hand front roll bar, like one on a 4wd motor vehicle.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts