Viking Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Great looking set up man. How wide are your tires?

Does anyone have an opinion on why the front tires are not as wide as the rear? Is it necessary if there are no rubbing issues? Thanks all.

I'm running 9.5" all the way around. I know people running 10" all the way around.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Great looking set up man. How wide are your tires?

Does anyone have an opinion on why the front tires are not as wide as the rear? Is it necessary if there are no rubbing issues? Thanks all.
30x10 all the way around. I think the height and backspacing on wheels more than width. It definitely rubs more since I added wheel spacers

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
What is the actual part number for those bulbs on that website. It all looks like Chinese writing to me lol. Also does it preform better now that you put the slug kit and sheave in. And did you put weights and a spring in? Thanks.
Let me see if I can find the # for those lights. No spring just 17gr weights. Big improvement performance wise, not night and day but I'm still dialing it in. I'm going to try different weights and maybe a shim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks man. Mine rubs like crazy. Finally got to take it out yesterday evening. Looks like I'll be doing some trimming.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Finally got some time to ride. Went out and found some snow. I passed a few quads that were stuck in 2ft of snow with 4 ft drifts. I didn't get stuck, ran in to stock vi on the trail that was stuck, gave him a yank. Forgot to try the diff lock again

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Pairodice- Do you come in to Albuquerque often?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 green Viking VI eps
Yamaha folding windshield
Yamaha hard roof
Seat warmers
Warn winch
Seizmik side mirror

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Pairodice- Do you come in to Albuquerque often?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 green Viking VI eps
Yamaha folding windshield
Yamaha hard roof
Seat warmers
Warn winch
Seizmik side mirror
I ride southern on my yz a couple times a year, but haven't rode the viking out that way yet. I usually ride the buckman or Alcalde race track area.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
1.1 shim from jbs finally showed up, hopefully I can find some time to install soon

Reactions: Cummins24v

·
Registered
67 Posts
I ride southern on my yz a couple times a year, but haven't rode the viking out that way yet. I usually ride the buckman or Alcalde race track area.
Cool. I was wondering if your ever in albuquerque if you'd be willing to test drive my VI to see if I need to tweak my weights or swap the spring.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: TG Dad

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
1.1 shim from jbs finally showed up, hopefully I can find some time to install soon
Dont forget to spin the sheave by hand with the cage on to make sure the dust cover screws don't hit. Also pay attention to how high your belt rides on the secondary

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Cool. I was wondering if your ever in albuquerque if you'd be willing to test drive my VI to see if I need to tweak my weights or swap the spring.

I'll let you know next time I'm town

·
Registered
67 Posts
Cool, thanks man

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Dont forget to spin the sheave by hand with the cage on to make sure the dust cover screws don't hit. Also pay attention to how high your belt rides on the secondary
Thanks for the info, I've had quite a few clutches apart. I had to grind the cage for clearance on the screw heads. Runs much better, more bottom grunt, no top end speed loss. Still does 46 mph uncorrected. When I load it on the trailer I don't use ramps. I usually have to give it a Lil bump to get the back end up. After the shim it crawled right up. Also climbed a hill I could never quite make it up in high range. Anybody running 28's + needs a shim. Thanks for your help Rob. Any word on the cam? Once you get one I know it's good to go
Lol

Reactions: robleticia

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Got my windshield built finally 20180329_170434-1612x1209.jpg 20180329_170439-1612x1209.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)

Working on the cage chop

Reactions: cactus

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Been awhile since I updated this, slowly been working on some small projects