Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it begins, been looking at vikings for a while, almost bought a 3 from member but deal fell through last min. Bought a steel blue viking 6 yesterday. So I cheated since it had some goodies. 260 miles, non eps, bed mat, yamaha stereo, hard top, 2 in lift, 14 in wheels w/ 30 inch quad boss utility tires, led light bar and wheel spacers.

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far clutches are stock, got a slug kit on the way, lights and stereo need to be rewired to switched power, and took some air out of the tires they had 25 psi... yikes

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got the 1st service finished, replaced some missing hardware, washed and ready for the maiden voyage

Attachments

Reactions: bd_skrillz

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good ride ,about 60 miles total, clutch seems to need some help at lower speeds -10mph. Slug kit on order, but I'm wondering if I should do the jbs sheave at the same time. I can live with the mid to top but low speed rocks and hills it struggled. Nice sunset on the way back

Attachments

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
if you're running 30's IMO you need the sheave. it makes a big difference down low.
Right. If you are going to tear it down to to the slugs you should definitely do the sheave.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya that's kinda what I was thinking save time and do both, but I usually do 1 mod at a time to see how it works. Any thoughts on weights 15 gr, 16 gr or 17gr. I'm thinking 16 for my setup. Tires and wheels don't weigh much more than stock, but they are almost 5.5 taller in back 4.8 up front

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
"...replaced some missing hardware..."
What was missing???

Smurfy is set up nicely. I like.
hard top was missing some washers on the mounts, hood had a broken clip and one of the tailgate latches was missing a bolt

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Look what just showed up via my favorite brown van

Attachments

·
Registered
6,007 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
The secondary spring would makes a big difference with big heavy mud tires? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got the power steering done and wind deflector installed, finally stopped raining

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Power steering kicks ass. Might be my favorite mod. 50 miles today felt shorter that the 30 we did last week on the same trail. Super atv power steering kit is awesome. Super easy install, no splicing wires. Thanks for the great deal I got on it from JBS. Can't wait for my slug kit and sheave to show up.

Attachments

Reactions: bd_skrillz

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got my contour switch panel in the mail today, waiting on switches. Got some new light bar mounts to lower it. Light bar was mounted to the hard top, it would vibrate when driving plus it sick up about4 inches above the top and i was worried I was going to rip it off on a tree branch. Also installed 1.5 inch wheel spacers

1 - 20 of 58 Posts