Viking Forum banner

Skid plates done right!!

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  cheeyz 
#1 ·
It was black Friday camped out all night for my door buster special lol I had just bought my Viking and the first thing I noticed was paper thin stock skid plates that wouldn't work for me at least at Coal Creek mines which I ride all the time. We had a ride in two weekends so I was in a crunch and i let my friend that owns a welding shop with about everything you can have put skid plates on it . Well 22 hours labor and just under $2000 ouch its smashing rocks lol! I wish I was there I would have taken a bunch of construction pictures this is a major job if u remove the stock plates, that was where the labor was making brackets, removing gas tank etc. I just didn't feel good about welding on top of the stock ones for rust reasons. I bet some company will make a drill and tap skid plate that goes against the stock ones. There was a cluster of wires just laying on top of the stock plate could easily be cut with the right stick going thru a hole they tied the wires up good before installing new plate. The front bash plate is steal and unbolts, the rear one is steal and unbolts notice how it comes up and protects the rear frame from backing into rocks etc. The rock sliders are a life safer will be connected to front and rear bumper soon really protect from mud slinging especially when they will be %100 completed because im going for 67 inch tire to tire width by March. I hope this sheds a little light for all you Viking owners!!!

Heres the pics...

See less See more
#2 ·
I can't tell but it is all welded correct so no taking off or anything

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

#6 ·
How much for a rear and front piece if I wanted to have some made

#7 ·
I don't know exactly but I bet $150-200 would have them both made at your local welding shop if they have all the right equipment for the bends. Just unbolt them and drop them off wont be anywhere close to a diff replacement that a rock crushes!! If you don't have a local welding shop close by let me know I would be happy to give my stock guards the owner of shop lives 2 minutes away from me Fed Ex ships. Always happy to help others!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.