Viking Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing some pretty aggressive rock crawling and took some rough hits to the skid plate . its got dents and dings of course but i was wondering how big of a dent would cause problems. such a rubbing issues or the critical moving parts or even crushing the intake tubing. any insight on whats under the skid plate or how much room it has.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts

..ehh I wouldn't worry about it...I would assume Yamaha took into account how many cross-members it shood have so that when the skid plate gets pressure, it cant press on critical parts.....but this is my assumption

·
Registered
139 Posts
I beat the piss out of mine today rock crawling, hill climbing, and creek runninig... It looks as bad or worse than yours and I have zero issues.

·
Registered
854 Posts
It might help to find an owners manual that includes a diagram so just maybe we'll be able to see whats on the opposite side of this without having to rip it apart.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It might help to find an owners manual that includes a diagram so just maybe we'll be able to see whats on the opposite side of this without having to rip it apart.

Agree or if someone does rip it apart they might give some insight and pics of what's behind the plates.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Pull the seats,raise the bed ,use a lash light and mirror to look in the hidden spots.From just looking thru the seat and rear area all I see is a little wiring ,fuel tank,front drive shaft and breather tube coming from the front,with the latter two running under the raised area in the floor.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Agree or if someone does rip it apart they might give some insight and pics of what's behind the plates.
Hopefully something will come up soon.

Pull the seats,raise the bed ,use a lash light and mirror to look in the hidden spots.From just looking thru the seat and rear area all I see is a little wiring ,fuel tank,front drive shaft and breather tube coming from the front,with the latter two running under the raised area in the floor.
This can be done, just a lot of time and effort to put in, worth it, better than messing up your viking.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Take them off and check behind them. See if they are rubbing anything

They are meant to get dinged and scratched up

They did the job of protecting the components.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
You can't take them off, there welded

·
Registered
167 Posts
This weekend I gave My skid plate 3 coats of Hurculiner....Im hoping that will help it hold up until they make a UHMW skid plate for these. I had the UHMW plate on my RZR and it was amazing, like a plastic cutting board covering the entire underside....It would just slide right off the rocks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts