Viking Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in getting some mirrors but not sure what I want or need? I was trail riding with my friends this weekend and I can't see who is behind me! Tired of turning my neck around and my kids car seat is in the middle which makes it hard to see! So I think a rear view would be nice but side mirrors might be nice to see when tight trails and rock crawling are involved to see the rear wheel placement. Any input or suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got both, side and rear, and find I like having them both for different things. The rear view one for tail riding and see what is behind me. The side mirrors for backing up, especially since there is such are large blind spot on the right rear. Plus the side mirrors fold in easy if bumped.

·
Super Moderator
4,426 Posts
Yeah I think both would be handy, although I only have the rear view, it's great, just flick your eyes up and see what's behind you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I made a PVC frame with a cover that hangs down about 8" in the back to keep the sun off the dogs and cooler so rear view wouldn't work. I put side view mirrors on and they work great.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
372 Posts
Yep....get both you will find uses for both especially with someone in the middle. I started out with just the rear view mirror for trail riding but found out I was having to look around while backing and still had blind spots. The ones posted by others are good choices....

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I was going to get the center reearview mirror, but i dont know if it'll work with my overhead SSV Works stereo, and also, i just dont know much it would show with that center headrest in the way.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just installed side views after having the rear view only and would definitely go with both for the reasons mentioned in prior posts.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I was just looking on eBay, and seen Extrem Metal Products was making a rearview mirror for the Viking, its 13" , looked real nice, and it says its shatterproof. I had got a Yamaha one from the dealer, when i first got my Viking, and when i got home and opened the box, it was shattered!! Took it back, and never got another one.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was just looking on eBay, and seen Extrem Metal Products was making a rearview mirror for the Viking, its 13" , looked real nice, and it says its shatterproof. I had got a Yamaha one from the dealer, when i first got my Viking, and when i got home and opened the box, it was shattered!! Took it back, and never got another one.
So.....it's not shatterproof? :D

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I'm guessing it is not, the mirror was cracked in pieces in the box

Sent from my Galaxy S5 via Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Lol, ok

Sent from my Galaxy S5 via Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts