Viking Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw that someone posted a shootout between the Pioneer 700 vs the Viking.

Has anyone found a head to head comparison between Kawasaki Mule Pro-FXT and the Viking VI.

I have read the spec's, but that is just paper. I wonder how they match up driving in the real world. Is the 812cc better then the 686cc engine? Will the bench seats be that terrible? Is the mule any quiter? How bad is the VI's turning radius and break-over angle.

If I were rich enough I would buy both and find out.

The only real Viking VI draw back for me, from the paper spec's, is the engine size. Is the engine going to be really underwhelming in such a large vehicle?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Any opinions out there?
I've got a VI that we've had for about 6 weeks. I guess it depends on your expectations if you are more in the market for a sport atv I suppose you could be disappointed with the power. If you're planning on working with it and riding recreationally I think you'll find that it is plenty torquey and has pretty good get up and go. The excellent transmission benefits it as well. I watched the dirt trax review that was posted and although I don't have a dog in the hunt (we genuinely like ours) it is a minor frustration to me that everyone who reviews these feels like they should compare it to the razor. No one seems to bring up the ranger which is actually in the VI's market. For trail riding and farm work that I've done with it so far I have never found it lacking.

That's my opinion. If you've got any questions don't hesitate to ask. :)

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I've got a VI that we've had for about 6 weeks. I guess it depends on your expectations if you are more in the market for a sport atv I suppose you could be disappointed with the power. If you're planning on working with it and riding recreationally I think you'll find that it is plenty torquey and has pretty good get up and go. The excellent transmission benefits it as well. I watched the dirt trax review that was posted and although I don't have a dog in the hunt (we genuinely like ours) it is a minor frustration to me that everyone who reviews these feels like they should compare it to the razor. No one seems to bring up the ranger which is actually in the VI's market. For trail riding and farm work that I've done with it so far I have never found it lacking.

Well said

Sent from my Galaxy S5 via Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Agreed VIpack...
I think the Mule Pro-FXT would be a good comparison to the VI too.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Do you find your self high centering much?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I can't say that I am a hard-core off-road rider and I don't think you could buy something this long without understanding that the length between the axles could cause you to bridge on obstacles. That being said with both this machine and the ranger crew 800 that I had before it is always surprising to me how well they do in tough conditions. Both coming in and out of creek type obstacles and crossing water bars it seems to slide over without slowing down too much. The skid plate is better on the viking but on both machines the independent four wheel suspension lets the tires lower some and find grip when the weight is on the skid plate allowing the springs to extend. (Not sure if that makes as much sense written as it did in my head)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can't say that I am a hard-core off-road rider and I don't think you could buy something this long without understanding that the length between the axles could cause you to bridge on obstacles. That being said with both this machine and the ranger crew 800 that I had before it is always surprising to me how well they do in tough conditions. Both coming in and out of creek type obstacles and crossing water bars it seems to slide over without slowing down too much. The skid plate is better on the viking but on both machines the independent four wheel suspension lets the tires lower some and find grip when the weight is on the skid plate allowing the springs to extend. (Not sure if that makes as much sense written as it did in my head)
Yep, makes sense and thanks for you thoughts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
When I started looking I thought the same. But after looking at all the competition the Viking certainly isn't the longest. We've all seen videos of the rest doing some wheeling and rock crawling without to much trouble so I don't think the V-6 will struggle to much. Here is a wheelbase comparison.

Viking VI- 115"
Ranger Crew 900- 113"
RZR XP 1000- 117"
Wildcat 4- 124"
Maverick Max- 113"
Commander Max- 105"
Teryx4- 85"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts