Viking Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
The 814 shocks are so much better than stock. I've seen several pictures of them installed upside down of the instructions on here. I can also tell you I could not get a straight answer from Craig at 814 utv suspension on weather that was ok or not. I installed mine per the Yamaha Viking instructions
20200917_204800.jpg 20200917_210016.jpg 20200919_110711.jpg

·
Super Moderator
4,233 Posts
Normally the shaft always goes to the bottom, I notice the sticker goes either way though. The compression/rebound adjusters would be easier to get to the other way up.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Whats the gray strap for?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Normally the shaft always goes to the bottom, I notice the sticker goes either way though. The compression/rebound adjusters would be easier to get to the other way up.
That's why I was asking if installing "upside down" was ok. The instructions for the viking have the adjuster knobs at the bottom.

·
Super Moderator
4,233 Posts
Whats the gray strap for?
It's a limit strap to stop the shock going to full extension and therefore saving the piston inside from flogging out.

Reactions: Sport4x4

·
Super Moderator
4,233 Posts
That's why I was asking if installing "upside down" was ok. The instructions for the viking have the adjuster knobs at the bottom.
Yeah, I've got no idea, I guess it would depend on how much oil is in there compared to gas, and whether the dampers could still pick up oil if they were upside down.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The 814 shocks are so much better than stock. I've seen several pictures of them installed upside down of the instructions on here. I can also tell you I could not get a straight answer from Craig at 814 utv suspension on weather that was ok or not. I installed mine per the Yamaha Viking instructions
View attachment 50693 View attachment 50694 View attachment 50695
According to a video on 814 website he states the shocks can be installed in either direction depending on preference or clearance issues.

Reactions: cactus
21 - 29 of 29 Posts