Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about a shock upgrade looking at Bandits,Elkas,Fox and saw some on face book from 814 suspension,what brand everyone running?Opinions appreciated

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Thinking about a shock upgrade looking at Bandits,Elkas,Fox and saw some on face book from 814 suspension,what brand everyone running?Opinions appreciated
I had tried the Fox Teryx takeoffs but went back to stock with rear spring spacers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
172 Posts
I’m getting ready to go to wolvy front shocks all the way around on mine with our springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 Viking SE
234 Posts
Was wondering about that Ryano is there anything special that has to be done to make them fit.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Was wondering about that Ryano is there anything special that has to be done to make them fit.

Man I’ve had the fronts on mine no issue but one guy said his rubbed the tire. Jerhomey rode with them on the front of his no issues, the rear hit the sway bar but I don’t run one. As soon as we round up 4 for mine I’m gonna test them with our springs and see what happens.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hopefully they will work out cuz these teryx shocks are about to beat me to death

·
Registered
735 Posts
I run bandits and like them alot over factory shocks. I have never riden in a Viking with any other shock so I can't comment.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am running Bandit Trail Series on my Viking VI. I was having some trouble getting them set up, but think that I have gotten to the bottom of it. Everyone says that the Bandits are a big improvement, and I will find out for sure in a week.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Isn’t there an inexpensive alternative to rear shocks? I mean, I’d love to have the $1200 set up but GEEEZ!!!!! I’m also opposed to the $300 spring upgrade lol. Has anyone tried a good set of automotive shocks and if so what type, etc. would work???

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you find anything Donny please post it,but I'm gonna have to make a change the stock ones are killing my wife's back.I looked at the Shock Therapy springs that's 600.00 for 400 more get a set of bandits like you i hate to drop a grand on shocks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes, the ride is affecting my back too. I guess we just need to measure how long they are from bolt hole to bolt hole and go by an auto parts store and see what they recommend. I'm talking about NAPA or somewhere like that where the guys have been there forever and know what they are talking about. I would have to have someone like that help me decide if we need a light truck shock(seems would be too stiff) or something off a car but I DON'T KNOW! I will definitely be looking into it though and I am only talking about the rear for now. I am not spending $1200 bucks! My truck I drive every day is on Monroe Matics and ride great at less than 1/2 that!!!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Shortbus, where are you at on compression clicks front and rear on your bandits?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I only have the trail series, so they are only pre-load adjustable. The Viking VI is a big machine with a lot of variables, so getting the right set up is a little harder. I intentionally went with the Trail Series vs Series 46 to avoid having to chase settings and from the feedback of Bandit.

With the Viking VI, there is a lot more weight to the machine and Bandit offers the same spring rate on the both the 2-door and 4-door models, so you have to be careful. To add to the complications, we typically only ride with 3 of us in the front (Wife, 4yr old, and I), and I have a winch, lightbar, windshield, etc...

After talking to the helpful folks over at Bandit, it was decided that I was being too cautious with my pre-load settings in the front and too aggressive in the rear. So, I now have the front pre-load maxed out (we were having a lot of bottoming issues just riding the simple trails) and the rears set to maintain a level (or rear slightly lower) ride height. Currently my ride height settings with my 28" Terrabites are: Front 12.0" and Rear 11.75".

So I am hoping that I will have these sorted out enough to make them worth the money and get my wife off my back about the money that I spent on them. We are getting ready to leave on a week long trip to Wolf Pen Gap in Mena, Arkansas, and I am taking my OEM shocks with incase. If these settings don't work out, I will be back in touch with Bandit about looking at some different weight springs for the weight of the big Viking VI.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I have been very satisfied with the 46. I believe I'm close to having it perfect. The compression damping seems for me to make a huge difference. There is about 20ish clicks available. I'm on 7 in the rear and six in the front. Just a few clicks one way or the other makes a big difference in shock reaction.

·
Registered
735 Posts
If I bought a new Viking tomorrow my very first mod would be shocks. Either these again on something else, I'd really also like to hear from other bandit users or any other type of shock.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I finally Bit the bullet 2day and ordered my shocks,went with the Viking Shocks from 814 suspension ,they are double adjustable with custom springs and everybody running them were crazy about how smooth their ride was.I think about anything would beat the stockers,will see how they work out.

·
Registered
2014 Viking SE
234 Posts
Am curious wildbill a friend told me about these shocks but their website is under construction. How did you get enough info on them to feel comfortable with going this brand. Also how did you purchase them over the phone or some other method. I can’t seem to find any info on their shocks for the Yamaha viking.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Wildbill, I'm curious about this also. I went on the site, and I see nothing at all about UTV shocks/springs. The pricing I saw on a Tyrex site sounds intriguing for sure.. at 900-1000 for a set, they'd be the lowest priced choice out there. I look forward to your ride report!!

Am curious wildbill a friend told me about these shocks but their website is under construction. How did you get enough info on them to feel comfortable with going this brand. Also how did you purchase them over the phone or some other method. I can’t seem to find any info on their shocks for the Yamaha viking.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would like to hear some feedback on the performance improvements as well as the quality of the product.

When I looked into it, I found a contact through their facebook site and was able to get pricing information from that person. ($1,000+)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They are on Facebook 814 Suspension,you can call Craig Folmar at 814-592-3565,he does this part time you can call and leave a messg and he will return your call.The entire kit is 1100.00 and he'll set it up however you want it.This is a small Co.but everyone on the Viking face book page was telling how there Viking didn't seem like the same machine.These are full travel shocks so you have to run range limiting straps.Has about a 10 day lead time right now .You can also raise the ground clearance about 2" if you want that much preload.Really looking forward to getting them installed really tired of the rough ride,Craig runs them on his Teryx and said it rides like a Razor.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts