Viking Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Level 1 Heavy Shock Therapyst kit today. Was at 10.75” before installing and sitting at 12.25” after setting at their recommend starting setting at install. Ride is nice not much difference maybe a touch stiffer. There was no settling after my test ride.
Rated at up to 750lbs cargo I think this is going to be a Huge upgrade from the factory springs and doesn’t break the bank.

Jerry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Very nice!

Sent from the bottom of a whiskey bottle

Reactions: bd_skrillz

·
Registered
425 Posts
I’ve been looking at the Shock Therapy for a minute now waiting on funds. I was thinking the standard as most of the time I ride empty or with just a few articles in the back. Occasionally I’ll have a critter in the back, the largest being elk. But not often enough I feel to warrant the heavy springs. I certainly don’t want a harsher ride when I’m just putting around on rocky trails. When the need arises I plan to increase the preload when hauling something heavy.

ETA: My other option was to go with the Viking 6 springs in the rear. No preload adjustment but would I miss it? Decisions decisions.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kafir
The Heavy set at the starting setting is not harsh at all. I choose the Heavy specifically for an elk load.
Don’t think you would be disappointed with the Heavy at all if you may tote a load or if you are not.

Jerry

·
Registered
425 Posts
Thanks. I’m looking at total costs between the Shock Therapy and going with Viking 6 springs. The 6’s come completely assembled for little more than the springs alone from ST and I’d still have to work on getting them installed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks. I’m looking at total costs between the Shock Therapy and going with Viking 6 springs. The 6’s come completely assembled for little more than the springs alone from ST and I’d still have to work on getting them installed.

If you decide to go the shock Therapy route use the code FORUM52019 for a 5% discount.
I took my shocks to a local front end and tire store, they did the spring swap for me, charged $50 out the door.

Jerry

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update
I went on a Wyoming elk hunt and the springs are fantastic, I highly recommend them. Haul an elk size load plus with full confidence.

Jerry

·
Registered
337 Posts
with over two years on my shock therapy heavy springs I haven't had to make an adjustment for height,they have remained the same since I put them on unlike the originals that failed in the first two months,i only wish I had put them on the front as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts