Viking Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When is everybody changing there oil and diff fluid?? I mean I did the first service 200mi/20hr one but when again?? And how often after that?? Anybody have a knowledgable answer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
When is everybody changing there oil and diff fluid?? I mean I did the first service 200mi/20hr one but when again?? And how often after that?? Anybody have a knowledgable answer?

Your owners manual has a maintenance schedule in it for miles or hours, I just go by the hour schedule on mine for engine oil, and the miles for the diff fluid

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Oil chane at 75hrs or 750 miles

·
Registered
180 Posts
I change mine every time I change the engine oil. Not that difficult and not a big expense, but a nice peace of mind. More so because I can tell what is going on with the differentials.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I think I'll do my diffs every time too.. I'll have to read up in my book on the schedules didn't see em the first time

·
Registered
26 Posts
its kinda preference if you don't follow book ... I change mine every oil change and I do them regardless of miles or hours . I do mine every 500 miles or 25 hours. if I do some swamp riding I do it sooner. prob overkill but make me feel better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts