Viking Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new here and was wondering can anyone tell me how to get the sag out of the rear of my Viking? I have about 22 hours on it and it doesn't sit level anymore and it is driving me nuts. Thanks for the help

·
Super Moderator
4,687 Posts
Mine has had a few big loads (not overloaded) and sits at about 10.5 inches now. If I lift it and let it go it sits at 11, but of course returns to 10 inches as soon as you drive it. There's nothing that you can do about it other than fit some aftermarket adjustable shocks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I put half inch spacer in the rear shocks and it fixed my sag ...shocks with preload adjustments are easier but if you find the ride you want with a spacer does the same thing IMO.

Reactions: bullet1

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Post up some pics of ur spacers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
163 Posts
I added a 2" Super ATV lift to the rear. It jacked the rear back up where it belongs but also moved the upper shock mounts out a little bit thus reducing the shock angle so now it sags much less under heavy load too.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I am new here and was wondering can anyone tell me how to get the sag out of the rear of my Viking? I have about 22 hours on it and it doesn't sit level anymore and it is driving me nuts. Thanks for the help
check and see if they are leaking, if so they will be replaced under warranty. Mine were

·
Super Moderator
4,687 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Me too... I'd like pic and details on ur spacers

·
Registered
167 Posts
I googled it and found some pics....looks like he cut a 1/2 piece of inch and a half pipe and slotted it so it can fit above the upper spring retainer plate on the shock and add 1/2" of pre-load to the shock spring.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I googled it and found some pics....looks like he cut a 1/2 piece of inch and a half pipe and slotted it so it can fit above the upper spring retainer plate on the shock and add 1/2" of pre-load to the shock spring.
I Googled it and cant find the picture. Would like to see it. Have you got a link? Sounds like a cheap fix to me

·
Super Moderator
4,687 Posts
That reminds me now, we used to do that to our motorbikes when we were kids, just cut a bit of steel water pipe with a slot in one side and squeeze it in.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey guys ill make a few kits front and rear and let you know when there done , and you guys decide on good price lol.

Reactions: VikingRyder

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Hey guys ill make a few kits front and rear and let you know when there done , and you guys decide on good price lol.
..Awesome! Why don't you let us know what the time u have in making them is worth.. I want a set tho, I like how simple it is and the ease of removal and install..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts