Viking Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
The rims yes. You will need different lug nuts and I am unsure about the center cap as the axles does protrude further on the Viking

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read that Rhino has 10mm stud and Viking 12mm correct? So is the hole in Rhino wheel big enough? The deal i found will require 2 hours drive time and i just want to make sure. The Rhino wheels are also 14" Problem?

·
Registered
215 Posts
If they are 14" they must be aftermarket. You could go to the mfg website and cross check the fitment guide if you know how's wheel it is. The bolt pattern and offsets are the same between a Rhino and Viking. Good question on the hole size as I don't have my Rhino for reference anymore

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i purchased the wheels. They are STI HD-3 Alloy. I had to get some new center caps and lug nuts for them to work. They are 14x7 with worn out tires. I have had them on for a week now and have had to tighten the lugs 2 times! I noticed a popping noise after about 2 days and looked at rear wheels and one of the lugs was completely gone and the rest were loose! Thought at first I may have forgotten to tighten when installed but after checking the other side they were loose also. Tighten them up and low and behold 3 days later they are loose again! Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
i have the sti hd4 14x7. never had any trouble with the lug nuts. when the dealership put them on they said they may come loose so check them aftr the first few rides but they wer always tight

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Hmmm are they squeeking when u tighten them? Maybe put some anti seeze on the studs so they tighten completley.... And im not trying to be a jerk but tighten them in a criss cross pattern and while the vehicle is off the ground and not under load. Thats all i can think of

·
Registered
854 Posts
tightening them enough in a cross pattern in the air and then completely tightening them when on the ground might be the best way if it's not already being done.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have tightened them in a criss cross pattern off the ground to 90 ft/lbs (i am afraid to go antmore because the spline socket is not too thick) and they will still get loose in a couple days! I love the looks but hate that they wont stay tight (may be why they were priced so cheap). The individual I got them from said he never had this problem. They were on a rhino though. The fronts are not getting loose only the rear ones.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Who will crucify me if i tell him to use a little blue lok tite??

·
Registered
163 Posts
My guess would be that the wheels are not fitting up tight against the hub. Take a look at the hub and the inside of the wheel to make sure they are compatible.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
did you get this fixed? what was the problem? right lug nuts?
Yes I finally got this fixed. Evidently with the wheels being designed for 10x1.25 lugs the 12x1.25 lugs were not seating deep enough in the wheel. I borrowed a Countersink bit from dealer and just barely touched the wheels with it. Tightened to 65 ft/lbs and they have stayed tight for several months now.:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts