Viking Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched a bit on the site for a thread like this, most were guys were wanting to combine bigger tires with a lift kit etc. I don't want to do that but I would love to get a second set of wheels/tires that will just bolt on and off to stock configuration and not but have any clearance issues. They can be the same size tires, just more geared for street use during the summer. I will use the wheel/tire combo that came with the Yanmar pictured below in the snow or winter when not on the pavement. Here in Idaho, we can drive these on the roads (in Northern Idaho at least) with a restricted use plate. I don't want to mess up these new knobbies. Anyone have a set of four for sale or recommend a good tire size and wheel combo that would just bolt right on? Thanks for any help in the matter in advance. I don't have the Longhorn at the moment in front of me to check tire size, just looking for stock options with good street tread but also some off-roading capability (No slicks in other words). I don't want the to be too big where they would rub.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Search for DOT and you should find recent threads regarding street tires. I think rocky mountain atv mc has DOT as a filter in the tire selector.

Reactions: Yanmar Longhorn

·
Registered
17 Posts
I searched a bit on the site for a thread like this, most were guys were wanting to combine bigger tires with a lift kit etc. I don't want to do that but I would love to get a second set of wheels/tires that will just bolt on and off to stock configuration and not but have any clearance issues. They can be the same size tires, just more geared for street use during the summer. I will use the wheel/tire combo that came with the Yanmar pictured below in the snow or winter when not on the pavement. Here in Idaho, we can drive these on the roads (in Northern Idaho at least) with a restricted use plate. I don't want to mess up these new knobbies. Anyone have a set of four for sale or recommend a good tire size and wheel combo that would just bolt right on? Thanks for any help in the matter in advance. I don't have the Longhorn at the moment in front of me to check tire size, just looking for stock options with good street tread but also some off-roading capability (No slicks in other words). I don't want the to be too big where they would rub.
Terrabites are DOT approved and everyone seems to like them

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
If you get Terrabites stay with 27's as I had read somewhere the 28's will rub. That is why I did not buy them.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I took your advice Monkey on the 27". The Terrabites looked cool but I couldn't find any mounted on wheels on Ebay. I went with these: VIKING 700 27" STREET LEGAL 8 ply RADIAL ATV TIRE VIPER BLK WHEEL KIT IRSL8. I like em, see what they look like in person. Hope they fit, they should.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Look great!

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got the radials on today. I like them and fit like a glove. Looks like clearance won’t be an issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Very Nice!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Yanmar Bull
191 Posts
I concur! Very nice!

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
They look great. I wish I could drive to trails. It is 1:45 to 2:15 for me to get to Lost Trails or AOAA.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts