Viking Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the question, ive got a windshield, and ive had one on a Ranger i had, and it was a dust sucker, as they all are. Never got a rear windshield for it.

So with the Viking, i got the Yamaha Rear window today, and installed it, its a nice piece. Question is though, if its not sealed up to the roof, is it still gonna suck in dust up over the rear window, and under the roof, and over my head?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I installed the rear window, waiting on the Yamaha windshield. After 11 wks, the windshield finally arrived. The box had been opened and parts were missing. I got a return call today and Yamaha is sending the missing parts. I also inquired about getting an additional molding like the one that seals the top folding windshield to the lower stationary glass. They are also sending the molding, which I will use to seal the lower portion.

After 5 hours of riding rough terrain with lots of loose dirt, our cab stayed clean. The dirt dust was in the bed. You can feel better knowing that the dirt doesn't end up in the cab. The top of the windshield has a large opening, which didn't cause dirt to fill the cab.

Enjoy the installation of both windshields.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great, thanks for the info, I posted pics in the thread I started today

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
I installed the rear window, waiting on the Yamaha windshield. After 11 wks, the windshield finally arrived. The box had been opened and parts were missing. I got a return call today and Yamaha is sending the missing parts. I also inquired about getting an additional molding like the one that seals the top folding windshield to the lower stationary glass. They are also sending the molding, which I will use to seal the lower portion.

After 5 hours of riding rough terrain with lots of loose dirt, our cab stayed clean. The dirt dust was in the bed. You can feel better knowing that the dirt doesn't end up in the cab. The top of the windshield has a large opening, which didn't cause dirt to fill the cab.

Enjoy the installation of both windshields.
So you only have the back window in now? Did the rear window block much of the noise?

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what i understand, he's got the front windshield on too, he didnt have all the parts it was supposed to in the box, but he made it work, till he gets the missing parts in the mail.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts