Viking Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound like a dumb question but is there some kind of fluid that could be leaking out of the shocks? I noticed today on the bottom of one of my rear shocks where the shock bolts to the chassis there is a puddle of some kind of oil.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Are these shocks not nitrogen filled? I thought I heard or read that somewhere? But I'm also guessing they have oil in them for lubrication. I'd say take it for warranty if it's coming from the shock.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yes exactly Tech Man is right your should make use of the warranty while its still valid. I would bring it straight in to the dealer if it was me. Keep us posted on whatever decision you make.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update: they DO have some sort of oil in them. I took it in and the tech confirmed it. I am guessing it is a common problem because the shocks are back ordered for 3 weeks. Honestly it is kind of worry some because i haven't even begun to really put it through it's paces, but i guess it could happen to anything new.

·
Registered
210 Posts
2 months for any part!? That is crazy. Are you sure that is the across the board wait time?

Would the wait time have gone up or down since you had to wait for your drive shaft?

·
Registered
963 Posts
they are going to be a little behind on parts because the machines are still pretty new and the parts are still primarily being used for production, but they will catch up

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have been waiting for my brush guard to come in since the first week in January. My dealer told me that it is expected to be in in late March. This is the second time it has been pushed back by Yamaha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts