Viking Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new member

Just bought a 2017 Viking and after a few loads of wood notice a considerable sag in the rear end. Have seen a few older threads on this issue but does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Hello all, new member

Just bought a 2017 Viking and after a few loads of wood notice a considerable sag in the rear end. Have seen a few older threads on this issue but does anyone have any suggestions?
Rear spring spacers worked well for me, I have had them in for a couple years and I use my Viking consistently for cleaning horse stalls and have no more sag in the rear end

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
326 Posts
I tried to convince Yamaha there is sag issues with their shocks,but they never offered to resolve my issue,maybe more people should let them know.i just installed my heavy shock springs from shock therapy and am satisfied with them so far.welcome aboard.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

I did see the shock therapy and also the fox podium 2.0's. Did not realize that the springs were not adjustable. Otherwise really satisfied with the bike. Definitely will have to figure something out.

Thanks again

·
Registered
477 Posts
2" spring spacers in the back is about the only thing you can do unless you want to spend some big money on crazy priced shocks. I never put them on the front but have a feeling when or if i ever get to use the snowplow i will be wishing i went ahead and put them on the front too.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
2" spring spacers in the back is about the only thing you can do unless you want to spend some big money on crazy priced shocks. I never put them on the front but have a feeling when or if i ever get to use the snowplow i will be wishing i went ahead and put them on the front too.
I was wondering if addING a 2 " spring spacer on the back took anything away from the ride ?

·
Super Moderator
4,115 Posts
Viking VI six shocks have a stiffer spring and work as well.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I was wondering if addING a 2 " spring spacer on the back took anything away from the ride ?
no doubt it stiffens the ride up some but the way i look at it is your going off road in an off road vehicle so it should be a little rough ride, all part of the experience..... but then again i have always had rough riding 3/4 & 1 ton trucks too so it all seems normal to me lol

Reactions: kasja55

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had serious rear sag on my 2014 Viking. I purchased a set of shock therapy level 1 heavy duty rear springs and WOW! Better than new and rides great! I had the springs put on at a local shop since I did not have a spring compressor or the time. The Viking looks like it should now! Rolling on 27" Rip Saws.
Yamaha Viking Spring Kit - Shock Therapy, LLC
Highly recommend !

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
I tried to convince Yamaha there is sag issues with their shocks,but they never offered to resolve my issue,maybe more people should let them know.i just installed my heavy shock springs from shock therapy and am satisfied with them so far.welcome aboard.
I told them the same thing, and they said they had never heard that. uh huh

·
Registered
326 Posts
it seems like most of the manufacturers just want to get their machines out the door with the cheepest tires and shocks,once its out the door your on your own,who puts 25 inch tires on a utv .

·
Registered
425 Posts
Did the ride change any?
I have the 2” spacers and although it looks “right” the ride could be smoother on the chuckhole roads I’m driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And how does it sit when you add a few hundred pounds in the back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts