Viking Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to find out more about the camo color. It was indicated in an older post that the Camo is a vinyl base and not a paint. So if this is true does the Camo require different cleaning/maintenance than the other colors? Will it be prone to peeling? How about fading from UV? Can you pressure wash the same?

Although I think the Camo looks the best when new and will show less scratches....in the long term what color is going to look better?

·
Registered
290 Posts
well all paint is going to fade to a degree. I've heard that color on the camo wraps has been different on both sides, just get what you like don't worry so much about the battle scars...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Trying to find out more about the camo color. It was indicated in an older post that the Camo is a vinyl base and not a paint. So if this is true does the Camo require different cleaning/maintenance than the other colors? Will it be prone to peeling? How about fading from UV? Can you pressure wash the same?

Although I think the Camo looks the best when new and will show less scratches....in the long term what color is going to look better?
Good question. I guess for long term durability it is a concern. For vinyl if there is a scratch I guess power washign could lift the vinyl even more. To play it safe a hose with a spray attachment should do it. And if you are really serious baout protection you might want to look in to those permanent protection solutions kind of like wax.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I would really try looking into wrapping, it's easy to do yourself, materials are cheap to come by and it's a great way to protect the original finish

·
Registered
188 Posts
I remember seeing a thread that was talking about how part of the camo was faded and lighter than another part of the camo. I think that was a defect though and not a issue to do with fading.

I'm sure that you can put some type of protective coating over it if you are really worried about it fading.

·
Registered
520 Posts
vinyl is probably more durable than paint for light scratches

where vinyl falls is if you break through the vinyl you will have to replace that entire piece to fix the scratch/gouge.

its more durable against swirls and scratches though

not much care is involved apart from washing. you can pressure wash it

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
They should come sprayed with Line-X!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I thought it was dipped. Could be wrong though. I was the guy that got my front replaced because it was much lighter on one fender than other. Thought service Mgr. said looked like bad dip or something. Looks great now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts